20 - A Forgotten Responsibility (✓)

Synthia

"Will I ever see you again?" Philip asked me with sadness in his eyes.

I held both his hands and flashed him a cheery smile.

"I won't make promises but who knows what the future might bring." I grinned at him.

Today is the day of Philip's return to Fontaine. After two weeks of indulging in the businesses of Liyue, he finally gathered enough information that would prove useful to his father.

Philip was a hard-working person after all. Surely, he had his goals straight and definitely went for it without fail. He could work on something for straight hours and would always end up with the best results. I guess, that's one reason Mr. Alfonse likes Philip so much; reliable and responsible.

Ga-Ming and I woke up early in the morning and decided to see Philip off despite the things that happened these past few days.

Fortunately, as Ga-Ming and Philip continued hanging out around each other, they seemed to have found common ground, and that was Wushou Dancing.

Wushou Dancing is Ga-Ming's passion. He is so hitched in the idea of being the best dancer that he is doing everything he can do to let the world know about it. Unexpectedly, Philip knew of the dance as well and there are people in Fontaine who actually perform the dance.

Surely, this intrigued Ga-Ming more than anything else and that little topic seemed to have created a new bond between him and Philip.

"I-I'm sorry for the trouble I caused." Philip mumbled softly, his head down. "I saw myself as a business man yet I didn't act professionally." He looked at Ga-Ming and I.

Ga-Ming then approached him and gave him a friendly punch on his arm.

"It's okay." He grinned. "I am happy to hear that other people actually do Wushou Dancing. It just fires up my desire even more."

Philip genuinely smiled at him this time. "I am looking forward to seeing you in Fontaine. You'll surely learn something from these dancers."

"Hopefully, the day would come that I'd actually reach Fontaine." Ga-Ming dug his hands into his pockets and pulled the cloth out, showing that he doesn't have enough money to be visiting another nation soon. "Sadly, I am not too rich in Mora."

"I'd take care of that." Philip spoke as soon as Ga-Ming finished his sentence. We both looked at him in shock, a light gasp escaping Ga-Ming's lips.

"No, no, no, no." Ga-Ming shook his head side to side repeatedly. "You don't have to. I can manage."

I was expecting Ga-Ming to actually reject Philip's offer and I was right. Ga-Ming is a kind of man who prefers treating people to whatever it is, may it be food, drinks or other stuff that a person needs. He is really helpful and I wouldn't say he hates it when other people treat him to something, he just preferred to give them free things rather than the other way around.

I found this to be a truly noble act for Ga-Ming, a self-less and humbe man, he is

"But that is the least I could do to make it up to you." Philip insisted.

Ga-Ming clicked his tongue. "See, I do appreciate the offer but," He scratched his head. "I promise, I can manage."

"Ga-Ming." Philip held both his shoulders. "Let me make it up to you and to Synthia." He added.

I've never seen Philip this soft towards Ga-Ming ever since they've met each other. I guess, he was certainly bothered about how badly he acted towards Ga-Ming.

"Alright, fine." Ga-Ming sighed, defeated. "I'll make it up to you when I can."

"No need." Philip wrapped his arm over Ga-Ming shoulders and pulled Ga-Ming close to him. "Send me a letter if you're going to Fontaine so I can make the necessary preparations."