Chapter 2

After a long nap Clark decided to check his watch and realizes that he overslept. He now has only 30 minutes to hurry up and get ready for the undercover dinner mission that'll be happening soon. He zooms through his apartment. He quickly takes a bath, brushes his teeth, and combs his hair. He wants to make sure he's looking his best today for Bruce, even if it is just a mission. With only moments to spare he takes off running out the door, and thankfully spots a similar car waiting for him. Bruce is there signaling for him to get in. Clark fixes himself up and gets into the car. "Thank you for picking me up, I really needed it" Clark says panting heavily. Bruce nods "Of course, I couldn't leave a fellow work buddy to fend for himself ." Bruce says with an innocent laugh. Bruce starts the car and gets going. There's and awkward silence that is suddenly broken by Bruce. "So did you start reading the first book I recommended to you yet?" Bruce asks brightening up, contrasting from his usual stiff and gloomy self. "Not yet, but I'm planning on getting it from the library after we're done today" Clark smiles warmly. After their talk yesterday it seems that Bruce has opened up considerably to him. This could be a step closer in their relationship. Clark shakes his head, his face was already starting to turn pink at the thought of their relationship growing into something more. "Are you feeling okay? Your face is turning pink" Bruce says from the rear view mirror. He wasn't really good at telling people's emotions so he just assumed that Clark was feeling under the weather. "I'm feeling fine it's just a little hot in here," Clark lies. There's no way he could tell Bruce that he was thinking about him romantically and that that's why his face was turning pink. Bruce nodded and turned the A/C down.
A couple minutes of silence passes and Clark clears his throat. "So do you know how much a polar bear weights?" Clark asks Bruce enthusiastically. "Well it depends, some adult males can weigh up to 600-1200 pounds while female polar bears can weigh up to 400-700 pounds" Bruce says matter-of-factly. "Wait for real!? I didn't even know that haha. I was just making a joke, but that's cool how you just knew that off the top of your head!" Clark says, his eyes peaked with amazement. After a while they finally arrived at Nave street where the mission will take place. The restaurant was pretty packed, which is to be expected since it's a Friday night and this is the best restaurant in all of Gotham. "Let's head inside" Bruce says gesturing Clark with his hand. "After you." Clark heads in alongside Bruce. As soon as they head in Clark could understand why so many people liked this place. The inside of the restaurant extravagant and lively. Beautiful decorations filled the inside of the large interior and Clark couldn't help but look around in awe. Clark suddenly noticed a pattern, the majority, if not all the people being served were couples. That's strange, Clark thought to himself. "How come this place is filled with so many couples?" Clark asked Bruce confused. "Oh it's because this place is place popular with couples, but don't worry this place is also used for work parties too" Bruce responds reassuringly, "Don't worry I did a lot of research to make sure we don't stick out like a sore thumb haha." Clark felt a surge of excitement flood his body. He was so excited to be having a dinner with Bruce, his crush. With all this romantic atmosphere, it felt more like a date instead of a mission, Clark thought happily to himself. Let's make sure this dinner turns out nice!