Republic City

It was a new day in the cargo hold of the ship, Korra woke up when she heard the ship begin to creak and moan coming to a stop. Korra's blue eyes shined with happiness as she sat up and shook the dog awake, she peered over as she saw the door begin to open as she whispered to Naga.

"Naga we're here."

Korra quickly went on Naga's saddle as they began to run outside of the ship, Korra waving to the shocked crew as she thanked them for the ride. Korra followed the pier and looked around in wonder and awe. She saw a bridge filled with cars before something caught her eye nearby the bridge. Korra turned and saw the statue of Avatar Aang staring out over the city and behind the statue was an island, Korra smirked as she said, rubbing Naga's head.

"Air Temple Island, that's where Tenzin lives, you ready for a swim girl?"

Naga ignored her and instead sniffed the air, Korra chuckled a little as the polar bear dog began tugging where she could smell food.

"Okay, okay food first then the Air Temple."

Korra struggled to contain Naga as she ran through the street filled with cars, the polar bear dog was too hungry to notice that panic as Korra tried to calm the dog down.

"Careful Naga! Watch out!"

Two cars crashed into each other as Naga dodged them and turned onto a different street, Naga then went on a sidewalk barreling through citizens left and right. They glared at the teenager and the polar bear dog and Korra gave a small embarrassed smile as she muttered out apology after apology. Naga sniffing the air finally found what she was looking for, creeping towards the tent she lifted the flap open with her nose.

Naga began opening her mouth wanting to steal the kabob that laid on the open grill, startling the poor stall owner. Korra narrowed her eyes as she ordered the dog.

"Naga wait!"

Naga pouted but sat down as Korra was finally able to get off the saddle, Korra walked around towards the front of the stall as she picked up a kabob as she said smiling at the woman.

"Well take one of everything please.

"That'll be twenty yuans." The woman said as she eyed the polar bear dog and the water tribe girl.

"Oh I don't have any money." Korra said with a shy smile as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Then what good are you to me?" The stall lady exclaimed as she took the kabob back with a frown on her face.

Korra was shocked for a moment and a little bit frightened at the woman who was glaring at her, she turned away and grabbed Naga and began walking away from the food cart. Naga whined as she glanced at the food cart and then back at Korra who gave her a small smile as she said.

"Don't worry girl, the city's huge. I bet we can finally find a place to rustle up something to eat."

Korra and Naga found a park nearby the food stall and saw the river that flowed through it. Naga began hunting for fish as Korra went in search for some sticks to skewer the fish on, once finding the sticks Korra took note that Naga had already placed three fish on the bank. Korra smiled and skewered the fish as she used her firebending to cook them.

As Korra was about to take a bite out of one of the cooked fish she heard rustling come from one of the bushes. Turning her attention to the bush she was as a man appeared out of the man, the man smirked as he adjusted his vest as asked the teenager.

"Hey, do you mind if I have one of those fishes?"

"Oh, uh yea sure." Korra said as glanced at the farthest fish on the stick and back to the man.