Prologue

Earth, fire, air, and water. When I was a girl my grandfather Avatar Aang and grandmother Scholar Mara told my father, Tenzin, and me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the hundred-year war. Avatar Aang, Scholar Mara, and Fire Lord Zuko transformed the Fire Nation Colonies into the United Republic of Nations.

A society where benders and non-benders from all over the world could live and thrive together in peace and harmony. They named the capital of this great land Republic City. Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life.

Sadly his time in this world came to an end before my sister Jinora could meet him. And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew. My grandmother Mara gave me this journal so I could write my experiences down and share them with her.

Just like when her grandmother gave her a journal to write down her journey when she went with my grandfather Avatar Aang. When grandmother Scholar Mara returned home she could tell her grandmother about everything.

So this is how I met the new Avatar, Avatar Korra, and how I made new friends along the way. My name is Sora and I'm the descendent of Avatar Aang and Scholar Mara, this is my journey on how I helped the Avatar.