Louis' POV: Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

The tears on Harry's face slow and stopped, and Harry worked to control his breathing. Louis slowly brushed his hands through Harry's curls, pushing them out of his face as he bent down to look at him.

"I'm so sorry, Louis. I swear I didn't want to." Harry says and Louis hugs him to his chest.

"I know, baby. This isn't your fault. It's Nicks, but he's never gonna come near you again. Ok? I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you, Louis." Louis rubs his hands up and down Harry's back, and then helps him get up, wrapping his arms around the boy's torso. He could tell something else was going on here.

Harry was shook by this, and it was an understandable reaction. But why did he try to assure Louis he didn't want it? He didn't want to push Harry too far, but he also wanted to know what had happened that made his baby so scared.

"It's ok, Harry, you're ok now." He runs his hands up and down Harry's back until his breathing slows. Harry looks at Louis, the tears still staining his cheeks, but he has now calmed down.

"If he goes near you again, tell me. Ok?" Harry just nods, hugging Louis to him.

"Thank you." Harry whispers and Louis finally feels calm, knowing Harry is safe again. He wraps his arm around Harry's waist and they walk out to the car together.

"Harry, I need to ask you something." Louis says once they are in the car. He starts it, but doesn't start driving. "Has something happened...to you? I understand that was scary, but I would never blame you for that. Why did you think I would?" Louis says, looking over at Harry, who was staring down at his lap.

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask." Harry says, softly.

Louis reached over and took Harry's hands in his own. "Baby, you don't have to tell me. I just want to be able to help you." says asks, and Harry nods.

"I'll tell you, it's just hard for me." Harry says, and Louis nods, settling himself so he's sitting facing Harry, giving him his full attention.

"So, about a year or so ago, I was...I was dating this guy, a few years older than me, Luke. He seemed really nice at the time, but he got super possessive...really quickly. What happened today, something similar happened with someone else. I didn't want it, but he thought I did. He blamed me, and he..." Harry paused, tears running down his cheeks.

Louis ran a thumb over his cheek, catching the tears. "It's ok baby, take your time. I'm here for you. I'm right here." Louis said, resting his hand against Harry's cheek. He felt it as Harry leaned into the touch of Louis' thumb moving in small circles against his face.

"He...he thought I had wanted it, even though I told him I didn't. He called me a cheater, and he hit me." Louis' heart stopped.

"He hit you?" He asks softly, and Harry nods, staring back down at his lap. Anger flared inside Louis. Whoever this Luke was, Louis wanted to murder him, but another thought tamped that one down.

"And...you thought I was going to...do that?" Louis asked, and Harry nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry, Louis, I just got really scared. I didn't know what to do, it felt like I was back there again, and I got really scared..." Louis cut Harry off with a soft kiss, climbing over into his lap. Harry gasped into it.

"Harry, I need you to listen to me." Louis says, pulling away, but resting his hands on Harry's shoulders. "I am never going to hit you. I am here to protect you, to care for you. But, I understand why you felt the way that you did. I get it. But, Harry, you are the love of my life and I will never do anything to hurt you." Louis says, squeezing Harry's shoulders.

Harry just stares up at him. "The love of your life?" Harry asks, and Louis nods, pressing his forehead softly against Harry's.

"You are. I love you so much, Hazza. So much." Louis whispers, and Harry wraps his arms around Louis' waist.

"I love you too." He whispers back, and Louis' heart soars. They sit there like that for a moment, giving Harry time to calm his breathing down.

"Do you want me to take you home baby? We don't have to go to the office." Louis says as he climbs back over into his seat and throws the car into drive, pulling out into the street.

"I think I just need a little time alone, is that ok?" Harry asks, and Louis smiles at him.

"Of course, it's always ok, Harry. Always ok."

Harry smiles back at Louis. "Can you come back later, though?" He asks, and Louis reaches over, taking Harry's hand in his own.

"Of course baby, just text me, ok?" Louis says as they pull into Harry's driveway.

"Ok." Harry says, leaning in and wrapping his arms around Louis in a hug. Louis hugs him back.

"I love you, Louis." Harry whispers, and Louis' stomach erupts in fireworks. He squeezes Harry tighter, not wanting to let his boy go.

"I love you too, baby." Harry pulls away, blushing and smiling as he exits the car and heads inside. Louis smiles after him and pulls out of the driveway, heading back to the office.