"Haha" he said sarcastically. "Maybe you should keep your wand on you in case a certain Weasley turns up, but otherwise it's fine."

Daphne smirked and patted her right forearm where the demiguise hair lined newest technology dragon hide wand holster was strapped, containing her wand to be called when ready. "I'm always prepared for such an event, though I doubt she would try it after I confronted her last time" she said smirking.

"What did you do?" he asked hesitantly, wondering if he wanted to know.

"You don't want to find out" she said, as she took his offered arm. Both of them left the Room of Requirement and headed to the Great Hall. Once they reached the entrance hall, many people were gawking at them. They reached the place where McGonagall was standing with the champions. To Harry's shock, it looked like Daphne had paired Fleur with Cedric Diggory! Well, it certainly made Fleur happy, as she didn't have to go with someone who solely lusted after her, as Cedric was calmly talking to her without any problem. Harry blinked his eyes when he spotted the girl next to Victor Krum.

"Daphne, please tell me I don't have to interact with Granger tonight" said Harry softly.

"I'm sorry, Harry" said Daphne pulling him towards them. "But this is a public event and you're the Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter. You're expected to maintain a certain standard. Speaking of which, make your Potter ring visible for tonight"

Harry immediately understood the meaning behind her words and in a second, the large red diamond ring gleamed from his right ring finger. They went forward and greeted the others. Harry shook hands with Cedric and Victor and kissed Fleur's knuckles. When he extended his hand to take Hermione's, the girl sniffed and turned the other way. Harry calmly put his hand down and turned his attention back to his fiancée, who was fuming at Granger's insult towards Harry. Fleur too was standing there with a look of shock on her beautiful face. Hermione was lucky that Victor Krum hadn't seen it as he was busy talking to Cedric.

"Daphne, it's okay" said Harry soothingly. "I expected it. It's a public place and the media will be hounding us for the rest of the night. Calm down, tigress" he whispered in her ear.

Daphne breathed deeply and reinforced her Occlumency shields, but she couldn't help but smile when Harry called her tigress. It was a term of endearment he sometimes used when she was being particularly fierce and feisty. Soon, the clock struck eight and the other couples were ushered into the Great Hall. The doors of the hall closed and the champions stood in front of it, expecting to be called in any second. Cedric and Fleur stood first, Victor and Hermione second, and Harry and Daphne third.

The doors of the Great Hall opened and they walked in. People started whispering when they saw the champions and their partners.

"Diggory and Delacour?"

"Is that Granger with Krum?"

"Sweet Merlin, Greengrass looks hot!"

"Harry looks so handsome tonight! I wish I could have gone with him!"

"Daphne's dress is so beautiful"

"Damn, I wish Greengrass wasn't already taken!"

"How is it fair for Potter and Greengrass to go together? There are so many other boys and girls who wanted to go with them! I wanted to go with Potter!"

"Bloody hell, Potter and Greengrass sure know how to dress!"

"Harry and Daphne look so adorable together!"

Daphne could hear many of the whispers due to her enhanced hearing, so she tried very hard not to smirk. Harry looked at the Great Hall. It was beautifully decorated, and it had also been magically expanded to three times its size, so was very large. Along with the heads of the three schools, there were also heads of several different magical governments present, along with the Triwizard Committee and other members of the International Confederation of Wizards. This was perfect. This was the reason Daphne had told him to show his ring around as it was a perfect time to make new contacts.