Harry toyed with his fork and answered slowly "I'm not really sure, but I have noticed changes. For one, I know many of the secrets of Hogwarts Castle, along with Gryffindor and Slytherin Castles as well. There was a reason castles were built at that time and not manors as witches and wizards were in grave danger due to muggle attacks. Muggle repelling wards weren't so strong back then; they were more of a recent invention. So they relied on a conventional fortress and heavy duty wards to keep them safe. It is easier to put up high powered wards around a castle than a small house, as the wards themselves would burn the house to a crisp. The castles, after a long time also became a source of magical energy. These walls themselves are imbibed with magic after a thousand years; in fact, according to the elves, I tapped into the magic of Potter Castle when I arrived there injured when I was seven years old. It's Old Magic, in that magic itself is sentient, as you know. That's what all our traditions and beliefs are based on. I can sense the wards around Hogwarts, but I'm not sure if I can take control of them. I've realised that just being Lord Gryffindor or Lord Slytherin cannot give me complete access to the wards, but having both gives me considerable power. The wards are controlled by the Headmaster, but I can override them if I feel the need to do so, which would then alert Dumbledore immediately. I also have two permanent seats on the Board of Governors which no one can take away, along with two seats on the Wizengamot. Together with the Potter seat, I have three votes. But votes aside, Most Ancient and Noble Houses have different influence as they're the top of the food chain so to speak. It will give me greater control and political influence, which would greatly help in case of new ventures or elections. Once I claim my seats, my power and influenced would be unparalleled by anyone in the country."

Daphne nodded slowly in understanding. "How soon do you want to run for the Office of Minister of Magic?" she asked, realising where his plans were headed.

Harry smiled slightly. This was one of the reasons he admired Daphne as much as he did. She had a sharp, keen mind and could understand and appreciate subtle actions and their impact. She may have a temper, but she was a consummate Slytherin; a tigress for real.

"I can't do it anytime soon" said Harry, thinking. "Fudge was elected in 1990, so once his term is up, I'll ensure that he doesn't stand for elections again. He's an idiot as well as corrupt; Malfoy's gold can be found in his pockets, I bet. I'll have to wait for someone else to take this place, so once that term is done, I'll be ready. I'll be in my mid-twenties by then, so it should be enough. I can't contest when I'm too young."

Daphne nodded. "There is no question of you winning, so that isn't an issue. But don't you want to try for the position of Chief Warlock? It could be done quicker" she explained.

"No" said Harry firmly. "I had considered it, but I don't care much about judicial power or being the speaker of the Wizengamot. I already have a lot of influence by carrying three votes of Most Ancient Houses, so I don't need to be the Chief Warlock just to gain favour and power over the members. Besides, as the Minister, it gives me executive powers; I can streamline the Ministry and make International diplomatic contacts, which is crucial if my long term plans are going to bear fruit."

"Point" muttered Daphne, looking into the distance. "But if you're the Minister, then that would mean -"

"-that you would have to enter the political sphere as well" finished Harry, looking at her directly. "That's something I'm counting on, as you have a knack for politics and with you sitting as the Lady Potter-Gryffindor-Slytherin, you can vote in my place. As the Minister of Magic, I can't use my family votes, but you can. You had already planned on it, right?"

Daphne smirked. "Of course I had. But now that you have realised that it would be beneficial to let me take those seats, I don't have to resort to blackmail" she said.