The couple walked around the village, exploring the various shops. As Daphne had a sweet took a mile away, Harry bought her a large bag of chocolates at Honeydukes. They went to Zonko's but didn't purchase anything. They knew that Filch was just waiting to confiscate something they brought back in; besides it didn't suit their needs. After looking around and talking for more than an hour, they entered The Three Broomsticks, a popular pub in Hogsmeade.

They made their way to a table, and Harry ordered two glasses of butterbeer and some light lunch. Once it was served, Daphne put up a silencing ward around them.

"So, were you successful?" she asked eagerly.

Harry grinned.

FLASHBACK

Harry was walking around a deserted part of the castle. He was on the fifth floor, searching for something. After ten minutes and waving his hands and extending his senses to search for a ward or a magical enclosure, he struck gold. His hand was touching a particular piece of stone that he knew didn't belong there, even though it looked perfectly normal to the naked eye.

He placed his hand on the stone and closed his eyes. Just as he had suspected, there was a blood ward in place. He moved his hand a bit, and said in a low voice, "Open in the name of Lord Gryffindor."

The Gryffindor ring flashed and a pedestal appeared in the wall, creating a cavity. Harry waved his hand over his palm, and a deep gash appeared. He let the drops of blood hit the pedestal and healed the wound. After a few seconds, there was a rumble and the stones parted to reveal a stone passageway. Harry lit his wand and entered. He flicked his wand and the ancient lighting charms flickered into existence, bathing the staircase with light. Harry climbed up the stairs until he reached a door, with a lion engraving. The lion looked at him and roared. Harry calmly showed the lion his ring. After passing through another blood ward, the door opened. Once he stepped inside, Harry gasped.

Inside were mounds of gold and other precious metals and gems. There were also several tomes of books on shelves. Further along, there was a study and a bedroom. This was clearly Godric's private chamber if he wanted complete solitude. He must have filled this place with treasures and books just before he moved to Potter Castle.

When he entered the study, he realised that there were preservation wards woven into the room. His eyes went wide when he saw a thick diary on top of the desk, with the Gryffindor crest on it. When he reached for it, the ring once again flashed and the diary opened. There was a message written on the first page. It was clearly written in old English, so Harry cast an advanced translation charm on it.

Dear descendant,

I am Godric Gryffindor, and if you're reading this, then it means you are the descendant of my daughter Geraldine and her husband Alan Potter, and you have obtained my sword from the Sorting Hat. I congratulate you on your success, as I had instructed the hat to only pass it on to a descendant of mine whose values matched what Hogwarts stands for – bravery, intelligence, loyalty and ambition.

I have gone through a lot in my life. I have experienced hardship, happiness, love, and despair. This is the book that gives you the information about my life, and how this school came to be. All my properties and treasures now belong to you; use them well. If you're interested in knowing about my life, go ahead and read this journal. If not, well, can't stop an old man from hoping his grandchild would want to read it someday.

This is the last time I would be at Hogwarts. My health has deteriorated rapidly after the death of my dear friend Salazar, so I'll be staying with my dear daughter and son-in-law at Potter Castle; I just can't bring myself to go back to Gryffindor Castle; not now. At this age, having so many feeling buried within me, I won't be able to survive alone at that place. I'm sure the Headmaster I've hired is more than up to the task of running the school as I'm just not able. How ironic; it is the greatest curse for a battle mage to become so weak. Salazar always warned me about it, but I never considered it. My dear friend would probably be laughing now. Oh, how I wish I could meet Helga, Rowena and Salazar one more time before I leave, even if it is to hear them laugh at me.