0.3 An unholy, disgusting thing

Start from the beginning

"Why are you always like this?" Daryl's voice sounded already annoyed.

"Like what?" Kim asked, taking out another cigarette from an almost empty box.

"Like you always think about all of the worst shit that could possibly happen." To Kai's surprise Dixon was tensed as ever, gripping tightly on the steering wheel.

"Geez and why are you so pressed? If you don't like it you can put me in another truck." It wasn't surprising for Kai to hear no answer for his proposition. No matter what, Daryl wanted to have him close. "That's what I thought."

Asian man reached out his arm with lighten cigarette between his fingers, offering to share with his friend.

"Oh come on, I know you want some..." He said, seeing how hesitant Daryl was. Older glared at Kai, slowly taking the cigarette from him.

"I just don't want to lose anyone else." Daryl said between taking the puffs. Air in the car slowly became grey, making them open the windows a bit.

"Yeah, me neither, yet you're the first one to hop on and do all of the most dangerous shit. You think I'm okay with that, or simply just don't care?"

"I just want you to be safe..." Older said with a strange dose of shame in his voice.

"And do I look like some child with disability to you?" Kai's eyebrow shot up in an asking manner.

"No, but you act like one." Daryl spat out. He could clearly see that Kai didn't feel well, but his attitude made it extremely hard to talk to him. It felt like younger had some problem, which was involving the Dixon strongly enough to be greeted by this annoying as hell defense mode.

"Great." Kai spat out, yanking the cig out of Daryl's hands.

Older only scoffed at his actions, being grateful that their travel was almost finished. The building of CDC slowly showed up on the horizon.

As soon as they stepped out of the car, an awful smell hit their noses. Their surroundings looked like a graveyard, full of decomposing bodies.

"I don't think there will be any shelter here, Rick..." Shane stated, already wanting to get out of here and hit the road once again.

They all got to the entrance which was shut close. Night was right behind their backs. Few of the dead got on their feet thanks to the noise the group has made.

"Rick come on, we gotta go!" They all got tensed as more walkers started approaching them.

"N-no, there's someone in there! The camera just moved!" Rick mumbled, sounding completely crazy.

Kai along with Daryl aimed their weapons at the walking corpses. Each member of the group looked at the sheriff with worried expression.

"We are women, children, with no food, hardly any gas left. Please, if you can hear me, let us in!"

"Rick, there's no point!" Shane tried to drag him away from the doors.

"By not letting us in, you're killing us! You hear me?! You're killing us!"

And as they all started to head back to their vehicles, a sudden white light hit their faces. The doors had opened, reviling one man standing with a rifle at the entrance.

"What do you want from me?" The man asked.

"A chance" Sheriff took the leadership right away.

"That's asking an awful lot these times." They all got closer to the building, willing to get in. "If you have anything to bring in, do it now. Once those doors close, they won't open again." He said stepping aside to create some space between him and the group.