"Here is your schedule, Mr Potter" the small Professor said. "Also, the Headmaster has asked me to tell you that he wants to meet you as soon as possible."

"Already?" asked Harry. "I was expecting it to be later this afternoon or tomorrow, not this morning."

"Indeed" said an amused Professor Flitwick. "Shall we?"

The pair walked to the seventh floor and gave the password to the gargoyle. They knocked on the door and when they heard a 'Come in', they entered.

Harry looked at Dumbledore with his eyebrows raised. He smiled at Fawkes and greeted the phoenix who trilled in response. He sat down opposite to the headmaster and said, "Good morning Headmaster. I must say I'm surprised that you've scheduled our meeting this soon. I was expecting it to be this evening."

Albus smiled. "That was my intention, Harry. But alas, things didn't go as planned. How were your holidays?"

"Very good, sir" replied Harry, his face neutral. "The assassination attempt was an irritant, but I took care of it."

"Hmm" replied Albus, looking at Harry under his half-moon spectacles. "I've noticed something disturbing, Harry" he said finally. "You seem to have signed up for Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes for your electives. While I'm sure Hagrid would be delighted to have you in his class, I don't think you should bother with the other two subjects, my boy. They are bothersome, and I think Divination would be a better course of action, don't you agree? I've taken the liberty to change your schedule for you. I'm sure you'll find it much better" he said in a grandfatherly voice, his eyes twinkling merrily at Harry.

Dumbledore expected Harry to rank and rave, and he had fully intended to put his foot down on this matter; Harry needed to know that prophecies were real if he were to accept the fate of his life. But what he did not expect, was the thirteen-year-old boy to burst out laughing.

Harry gasped out and got his laughter under control. "Those two subjects are bothersome?" asked Harry, chuckling. "Professor Dumbledore, have you checked the merit list and the student rankings of my year? I'm the top student. If I can't handle it, then I don't think others can too. Besides, who in their right mind would give up such an important and interesting subject such as Ancient Runes and take Divination of all things? Sorry Headmaster, I'm not insane."

"I'm afraid I must insist, my boy" said Dumbledore firmly. "This is for your own good."

Harry shook his head. "Oh my dear Albus, you seem to have lost your touch" said Harry, smirking at Dumbledore. "If you think this pitiful attempt at you trying to steer my life in the way you want it would work, then you're more self-deluded than I thought. Don't think I don't know why you want me to take Divination in the first place."

His smirk widened when he saw Albus pale. "I'm not an idiot, Albus. You'll have to up your game if you want to stay on the board. I think we're done here."

Harry got up, and just before leaving the office, he said "Oh Albus? Check. And pretty soon, it'll be Check Mate. I would pack your bags if I were you. We don't want you taking a long time to leave the castle once you're booted out, now do we? Good day Headmaster." With that, he walked out with a shocked Professor Flitwick in tow.

Harry smirked when he heard the angry yell coming from behind the door. Who did Dumbledore think he was?

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

The first class was Arithmancy. Harry found himself seated next to Daphne as the students slowly filled in. It wasn't as full as the other electives, as Arithmancy was quite difficult, and very few people wanted to go into the field of spell crafting. But Harry found it fascinating; in a duel, he wanted to use spells that no one else knew about. That would give him an edge over his opponent, which then would be easier to bring him down. Daphne too was very interested as she wanted to be a professional spell crafter and enchantress. For that, she needed a thorough grounding in Charms, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes.