First night

Charlie walked outside to see Conrad sitting by the pool and smoking

Charlie walked outside to see Conrad sitting by the pool and smoking. She sighed sadly and walked over, sitting down next to him.
"Gonna lecture me about smoking?" He glanced at her with a raised eyebrow,
"No..." She looked at him "Connie, smoking and drinking won't change what's happening...you know that, right? I know you're hurting and you have every right to, but shutting everyone out and acting like a douche won't make it easier"

"I'm a douche?"
"You know that's not what I'm saying" She giggled, "But i'm here if you need me. You know that, right?"

He smiled "I know. And thanks" He sighed. "How about you? How are you feeling about this...?"
"I can't believe it's happening..." She said and looked out at the ocean "It's hard to believe how much our lives will have changed next year" Tears began emerging in her eyes

He smiled sadly and wrapped his arm around her, he pressed a kiss to her head. "Are you coming with us to the bonfire?"
"Nah..." She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes from tears "I uhm...I think i'd rather stay here and have a movie night with the moms"

"Charlie?"
"Yes?"

"Why are you doing this deb ball thing? You'd hate it! Don't let my mom turn you into her doll just because she never had a daughter"
"It's clear how important this is to her. I don't mind spending some hours on the is if it makes her happy"

He chuckled and shook his head "You really are too good for this world, Charlotte Conklin."
"I know, right?" She joked and flipped her hair over her shoulder "I'm so awesome"

"You really are." He said seriously while looking at her.

She turned her head, for a second she was startled by their close proximity. They looked in each other's eyes and glanced down at each other's lips. They started leaning towards each other when suddenly the door was opened and Belly walked outside. They quickly jumped apart and cleared their throats.

"Hey, Bells" Charlie smiled awkwardly at her sister,
"Hey!" She smiled "What are you guys talking about?"

"Deb ball"
"I still can't believe you're going that" She laughed and jumped in the pool. She swam over to them and looked at Conrad "I thought you said smoking pot changes the way your brain processes information"

Conrad shrugged and took a hit off his cigarette "So does your cell phone."
"You said marijuana messes with white matter."

He scoffed and smirked "Do you even know what white matter is?"
"You said o-our brains are still developing and that..."

He laughed and cut her off "God, do you memorize  every single thing that I've ever said?"
"Douche" Charlie fake coughed and smiled innocently at him

Belly scoffed "Get over yourself" "I mean, Conrad,
you're the one who said that-that smoking's dumb and that real athletes don't put shit in their bodies!"
"I said a lot of stuff, and I'm not an athlete
anymore, so..." He shrugged