・.・✫Twenty-Seven

୨⎯ Chapter 27⎯୧
"True Happiness"
The Wedding

୨⎯ Chapter 27⎯୧"True Happiness"The Wedding

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

IT HAD BEEN months since the final battle and Aragorns ceremony. Middle Earth was thriving as peace was restored once again.

Now it was time for my happy ending. After weeks of planning, the day of Legolas and I's wedding had arrived and I couldn't have been more nervous.

After the battle, I had returned to Caralis with my family. Mother had immediately wanted it prepare for my wedding, getting the finest dresses, decorations and flowers. In her eyes everything had to be perfect, but to me I only wanted him.

Last night the royal family of Caralis, plus a few guards, made their way to the Mirkwood Realms, and were welcomed with open arms.

Since it was bad luck to see the bad the day before the wedding, I had been whisked away by Aine and some elves before Legolas could get a sight of me. I was taken to my chamber and was even forced to have dinner there, but regardless, I didn't est anyway, the nerves in my stomach too much.

I was going to be his wife, Princess of Mirkwood, and I was freaking out.

As the soft morning light filtered through the windows of my room, Aine stood behind me. She had insisted on doing my hair, the traditional Fae way, ensuring to braid my light hair with delicate flowers and vines. "You look absolutely stunning, Liairse," she murmured, her voice filled with affection as she carefully arranged a sprig of baby's breath into my hair.

I offered a grateful smile, my heart swelling with gratitude for her unwavering support. "Thank you, Aine. I can hardly believe today is finally here. Honestly, I'm shitting myself."

Aine laughed at my comment as she continued her work, a few elven attendants bustled about the chamber, adding final touches to the room and ensuring that every detail was perfect for the momentous occasion. Their gentle chatter filled the air, adding to the sense of excitement that permeated the chamber.

"I guess it would feel surreal, it only felt like yesterday we were still fighting a war" she repsondee, offering me a small smile as she focused on my hair. "But, back to today, you have nothing to worry about, Liairse. You and Legolas are meant to be together, and today is just the beginning of your happily ever after."

Her words filled me with a sense of warmth and reassurance, and I couldn't help but smile in return. "Thank you, Aine. I'm so grateful to have you by my side today."

As Aine continued to work on my hair, the attendants bustled about the chamber, ensuring that every detail was perfect for the ceremony. Their gentle chatter filled the air, adding to the sense of excitement that permeated the room.