S1 E20: Nothing Personal

Start from the beginning

Ward tilted his head, "public place, lots of people, multiple exits"

Skye smirked, "yep. Figured if I ever got in trouble, I'd be safe there"

Ward tightened his hold on Joy and nuzzled into her neck, "don't worry, we'll be safe", he then spun the blonde around and reached behind her to take the gun from her waistband, "this, however, is not the answer", Joy smirked up at him.

"I told you I was prepared to defend myself, at any cost"

The man gave her a wolfish smirk, "in this situation, the last thing we can afford is to get pinched on a concealed weapons charge", Joy smiled and touched his cheek.

"I didn't think of that... but your right, again", she itched the back of her head, "I couldn't find any round, so it was useless"

Ward held her face in his hands, "we are gonna be okay... I promise, until this thing is over, I'm not gonna let you out of my sight", he gave her a quick peck on the lips and pulled her into a hug. Only when her face was in his shoulder did the smile drop and she glared at the wall as though she could explode the plane by will alone.

 Only when her face was in his shoulder did the smile drop and she glared at the wall as though she could explode the plane by will alone

Providence

"Impossible. It can't be", Fitz had been pacing since he found the message left by Joy, "no. No, I don't believe it", Simmons shot him a look as she investigated Koenig's body.

Coulson looked up from the necklace in his hands when Trip spoke, "take a breath, Agent Fitz", the Scotsman suited at Trip.

"Don't tell me to take a breath. Who the hell are you? I mean, really, come on", Fitz stepped towards the bigger agent, "I don't even know who you are"

Trip went to hold his shoulder, but Fitz flinched away, "I just went through this, remember?"

"Don't touch me"

Trip continued to vouch his innocence, "my S.O. turned out to be a lying son-", Fitz cut him off.

"Well, not Ward, okay? Not Ward Do you know why? Because he's our friend", Trip backed down, "and Simmons will find something. Go on, tell them, Jemma"

She didn't look up, "let me work, Fitz"

"Yeah, but tell them that Ward is a-"

"Let me work", she shot her friend a stern glare.

Fitz resumed his pacing and looked to Coulson, "something else is at play here, sir. Think about it. They're just trying to mess with our heads. They wrote that on the wall to scare us"

The man spoke calmly, "one step at a time", but it did nothing to help Fitzs' rambling.

"We need to get out of here"

Coulson stopped him again, "Simmons will give her report. That's the next step", he then looked to the woman as she stared down at the sheeted body.

"He died approximately ten hours ago of asphyxiation, after may left the premises. A thin wire was used to strangle him. His trachea is crushed, partially sliced through. So it was done in a hurry", she shot Coulson a hard look, hoping he was putting the pieces together, "based on the angle of the lacerations", she had to swallow and take a breath as she continued, "the killer was at least 6'2. And strong enough to lift him into...", she steeled herself and looked at Coulson, "Ward did this", her words made Fitz snap, he kicked anything in sight and cleared shelves and tables, "Fitz!", Simmons ran towards him, to try and calm him down, "no, no, no, don't!"