☆ dog days ☆

Mikey slammed open my door and flicked my lights off and on, "Wakey wakey Dextra! First day of school!" he yelled at me.

It was too cheerful for six in the morning. I groaned and pulled my covers over my head. I felt a tug and the covers were ripped off my bed. "You suck Mikey. Leave me alone." I whined at my older brother.

He threw my stuffed bear, Kurt, at me and smiled. "No can do Dex, get up. It's your first day, you can't be late just yet."

I grabbed Kurt and hugged him close to my chest. "Fine, fine. Get out so I can get dressed." I lied through my teeth, I was not gonna get dressed.

"Get out of bed first." He saw straight through it.

Groaning, I crawled out of bed and stood up. I smiled at him, baring my teeth. "Happy?"

"Very. Get dressed. You've got thirty minutes and then we're leaving." He threw my covers at me and left.

I stood in my room for a minute. I looked down at what I was wearing, fuck this. I thought. I slapped my cover back on my bed. I grabbed Kurt and crawled back under the covers. I cuddled up with Kurt and fell back asleep.

I woke up to my door slamming open and Mike screaming at me. I rubbed my eyes and threw my pillow at him, "Leave me alone!" I dragged my words out and pulled the covers over my head.

Mike ripped the covers off and grabbed my ankles. "You have three seconds to get up before I make you." He threatened.

I narrowed my eyes at him and groaned again, "Get out." With that he pulled me out of bed by my ankles. I clawed at my bed sheets in a desperate attempt to stay in the comfort of my bed.

Mike dragged me out of bed and picked me up. "We are LATE, Dex. LATE. It's your first day."

I looked at him. "Huh?"

"Dex. We're late. You're starting secondary school today."

I realized I overslept. "Shit! Mikey, why didn't you wake me up?" I jumped out of his arms and scrambled over to my closet.

In my haste of throwing clothes out, Mike looked at me and muttered something. I threw a shoe at his head as he left my room. I searched my closet and my pile of clothes for my uniform.

I threw the shirt on and shimmied into the skirt, I couldn't be bothered to find the blazer. I shoved on socks, shoes, and took a quick look in the mirror. I sighed and opened my desk drawer. Rummaging through it, I grabbed my mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick.

I managed to do my makeup without falling asleep. My makeup was a dark smokey eye with a dark red lipstick. I slapped on mascara and shoved my makeup into a small bag before running out of my bedroom to see Mike talking to a few of his friends.

That was when I thought about just faking sick. One of them looked at me and waved, I groaned and turned around to walk back to my bed. Mike grabbed me by my collar and dragged me back to the living room.

"You made us late, the least you could do is be friendly." He told me as he dragged me. I groaned but stood beside him. His friend group seemed nice enough.

There was a tall blonde boy who was sitting in the corner. A brown haired boy was sitting beside him with his ear buds in, drumming in the air. There was a tanner boy talking to my brother. And I was extremely out of place.

Mike sighed and tapped on the brown haired boy's shoulder to get his attention. "This is my famed sister Dextra. She's probably gonna be hanging out with us while she's going to school, she's bad at making friends." He gestured to me and smiled, I looked at him and flipped him off.