"Another suck-arse letter from Slughorn?" Remus wondered with a teasing smirk.

Morgan caught a glimpse of the envelope and bit her lower lip. "That's the Black sealing. It's from your family,"

"I noticed," Sirius said in a low voice and sighed, ripping the letter open with a bored look. They all waited for a few seconds, and he shrugged. "They'll come pick me up now. It detects when the sealing is broken, so someone should be here in three... two...."

The doorbell rang through the house.

"Bingo," Morgan muttered. "Come on. I'll go with you,"

"You don't have to," Sirius said, putting his leather jacket back on.

But Remus nodded at her and so Morgan followed after the young Black anyway. They went to the front hall and when they opened the door, Walburga was there.

"Oh, Morgan," she said a bit surprised. "I wasn't expecting you to-"

"I said we'd stay with the Potters. The two of us. Why wouldn't I be here?" She interrupted, her words like ice. She was sick of this woman, for Slytherin's sake.

"Right, of course," Mrs. Black nodded. Her intent of catching Sirius there alone, in a lie, having failed. She turned her gaze to her son and offered him her hand. "We need you at home for dinner, Sirius,"

"Why?" Morgan took a step closer to Sirius. The boy wasn't showing any expression, he looked bored and cocky as ever. Good. But Morgan wasn't able to help the slight protective hand she laid on his arm. "We're busy,"

"He's my son, Morgan. If I say he comes with me then that's what he does. You had him the entire break, I'm asking for one evening," The tone was bitter and tired. As if dealing with the feelings of a spoiled teenager was a waste of time. "Come on,"

"I'll come with, then," Morgan said with a sudden cheerfulness. Morgan would be damned if she let Sirius alone in his house after that first night back. With what they'd done to him.

"No, you won't. Go back inside. My patience is running thin, child," the woman snapped and Sirius flinched.

Morgan's eyes looked for Sirius' but he didn't pay her any mind. Instead, he took his mother's hand and without even looking at her, said, "I'll see you later, love,"

And they were gone in the blink of an eye. Just like that.

"Morgan?" She heard coming from inside. It was James, coming to check if everything was fine.

"They're gone," Morgan sighed and rushed back inside, avoiding James' worried gaze. "He'll be fine,"

That was probably a lie. She knew it was a lie.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<●>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sirius and Walburga landed in Grimmauld Place with a soundless flash of light. Sirius was thankful it was so cold because it served as an excuse for his trembling hands hidden in his pockets. He hoped no one could tell he was scared. He had an expressionless look on his face, mastered over the years, and even though his mother always looked like a bitch, she didn't look particularly pissed that day. Which helped.

"We have guests, Sirius," she informed him once they passed the door and were in the hall.

"Why do you need me here, mother?" Sirius asked casually while he took off his jacket, staying with the black sweater he was wearing underneath.

"I'm sure you're desperate to go back to that brat, but you're staying for dinner," she replied hardly, without answering his question.

"Hey, you wanted me to be with that brat," he shrugged, and even though it felt awfully treasonous to call her that, he decided he'd do his best to not piss off anyone and be back with her and the boys as soon as possible. "I thought you'd be pleased,"