Chapter 12

October 23rd, 1975.

The pitch started clearing out around nine o'clock. Slytherin and supporters had stayed there celebrating and having a good time. Just flying around, cheering, and inviting everyone to the celebratory party.

When the game had ended, Morgan had meant to go talk to James and the boys, but when she was almost by their side, Remus and Peter had shaken their heads like lunatics telling her to stay far away. James would probably be with the worst attitude, and Sirius would most definitely try to kill her for her cheating techniques. Which were amazing, thank you very much. She knew he had noticed because of his murderous stare right after she summoned the bludger. So she did just that. She stayed as far as possible. Her mood was way too good to be ruined by sore losers.

Didn't mean she didn't care about the boys. She'd just wait for them to cool off before rubbing her win on their faces. They wanted to be friends? Fine, she'd humor them, but they better get used to... well, to her.

People were congratulating her over and over again. Even Flint said her last move wasn't complete garbage. That was something. Then, which was even better, he started throwing fake compliments at her when he saw her father approaching them. Morgan enjoyed that a little too much. Everyone knew Morvian Gaunt was a Quidditch fan, and that led him to buy multiple actions on different European teams, including a majority of them on England's national team, which gave him a seat on the team's board. His ownership amounted to almost thirty percent of actions.

"You were incredible out there, Mor, I don't know what we -" he kept on flattering her, right until her father patted his back, stopping him.

"Great team you have here, boy," said the man to Flint, an approving nod sent his way, "I think you have the quidditch cup already in your pockets,"

Flint looked like he was about to pass out. Her father was pure charm, and everyone loved him as much as they feared him. Morgan rolled her eyes and grabbed her father's arm, "Let's go, please, or he'll throw up if you keep on complimenting him,"

Her father laughed and said goodbye to the team, leaving afterward the scene with her daughter. They made their way to the dungeons and into an empty classroom. Morgan didn't miss that the first thing Morvian did was put up a Muffliato charm and lock the doors.

"Ok, so I guess this is not father-daughter bonding time," said the girl leaning against a desk and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

He flicked his wand one more time, closing the windows, and finally turned to look at her, "It can be. After we get some things out of the way,"

"Well, hit me, what is it now? Do you want me to find another mythical secret room for you?" Asked the girl, a bored expression on her face.

Her father tilted his head, looking at her, and questioned, "That depends. Only if you found the first one,"

Morgan sighed and shrugged, "I'm getting there. Give me a few more days,"

"Yeah no, no pressure, it's just, you know.." he motioned with his hand in the air as if his next words were just talking about the weather, "People are dropping dead every five minutes,"

"What? Father, what are you-"

"Yeah, most recent was-" he snapped his fingers, trying to remember something, "The Harrisons, is it? Yes, the whole family was just murdered in the middle of the night. It was an interesting scene. I just got back from there, actually. Bodies all over the house,"

Morgan shook her head. That was Tom's family, the player McGonagall was talking about.

"Ok, I admit a lot of wizards have been.."