Chapter 13: White Rooms and Nurses

Mulai dari awal

"Thank you, Yumi." I spoke softly, before realizing my mistake, "I am so sorry I didn't mean for that to come out! It was just a trick I used to be able to remember all your names I didn't mean for-"

"It's okay, (Y/n), from now on, I'll be your big sister too. You can call me Yumi, I think it's cute!"

"Thank you for your help then, Yumi. I'll get settle into my room until I'm needed again." 

When my small hand grazed the door, the images shifted again, teleporting me outside.

"Shoto, you've been having issues with your ice, and our space being too small for you to do the best you can do. So, that's where (Y/n) comes in. Continuously expel your ice at her." Shoto, ignorant of my quirk, looked reluctant to attack me. I slowly took off my gloves, stuffing them in my pocket. My eyes slowly met his, nodding, letting him know to attack me. He nodded back, lifting his right hand.

Ice rushed towards my face, until I hit it with the base of my palms, redirecting it upwards. I kept moving it around me, until he had reached near his limit with his ice. Once he had stopped, I had left myself out of the middle of the iceberg, over to Endeavor's side as he beckoned us.

"See Shoto, this is a physical representation of how much ice you can output right now. (Y/n) will be here to help you with your training from now on, however I will still be here to train your fire."

"What, can you manipulate ice?"

"Go on, (Y/n). Clear the ground for a mock battle."

I touched the iceberg again, exploding it all, much more slowly than what I can do now.

"You haven't told him your quirk yet, correct (Y/n)? Let him guess it as you fight. Shoto, what will you do against an opponent where you are unsure of their abilities? Now, begin."

I ducked to the ground, zooming forward towards him. I had an advantage, he didn't want to fight me head on when he didn't know what I could do yet. He backed away from me, shooting flames from his left side to keep me away. I covered my arms in soil, guarding myself in an X form against him, as I continued forwards. He looked more panicked as he was thinking, he was already tired from the exercise earlier, but he didn't use it as an excuse to not throw more ice my direction.

My finger barely touched it and started redirecting it behind me, trying my best to conceal the true nature of my quirk. After all this struggle, I finally stood a meter in front of him, ready to start my own onslaught. Before this, I was just defending, evading, but now I had to attack. His heterochromatic eyes focused on my hands, he's put together that's where my quirk comes from at least. Shoto's face barely dodged my first right hook, disengaging entirely from hand to hand combat as he tried to run. His eyes were too focused on my hands, because he didn't foresee the kick to the back of his knees that brought him to the ground.

Shoto panicked, trying his best to get off the ground before I could attack again. A kick against the chest, followed by a punch, then one last kick before he laid out on the ground, unable to attack me.

"Unprepared? A stray needs to fight for their food, you shouldn't have underestimated me."

And man, did I hate Sho too.

Endeavor led us both inside for dinner, Yumi greeting us at the table. Once we finished we returned to our rooms in silence. Yumi opened her door, a vacuum starting from inside her room, pulling me in. Once again, the scene was changing.

"You're progressing so nicely! You can write your whole alphabet now!" It felt embarrassing to be 11, and only now learning my alphabet, but the way Yumi said it was so encouraging, I couldn't get upset. She was such a good teacher, it was no wonder she was going into that field. "Oh, (Y/n)! One of the kids today called me Miss Yumi! I instantly thought of you, it made me so happy!"