“Still no.” Ishan gestured for him to look outside. Shastri peered out and saw Shubman practicing in the nets.

“He’s training,” Ishan added.

“I can see that.”

“In our nets!”

Shastri shrugged, taking a sip of his coke. “Well, we don’t really have a rule for guests using an open space.”

Ishan huffed. “Do we have a rule for kicking guests in the balls?”

Shastri stared at him blankly. “Not in the balls.” Then he went back to watching highlights of the ongoing Test series between India and England.

Ishan smirked to himself. “I’ll compromise.”

So he kicked a football at Shubman’s head instead. The latter shot him a glare, not amused to be bothered during practice.

Ishan simply smiled. “Sorry, my leg slipped.”

Shubman shrugged him off with an annoyed look, sending the football flying back. Of course it found its way back to Shubman, hitting his calf harshly.

“That’s it!” He dashed in Ishan’s direction. “What is your problem?”

“You’re my problem,” Ishan said, rolling his eyes.

Shubman barely resisted the urge to shove the boy. But he was oddly relieved to see Ishan approach him first after what happened. Well, it was only for so long that the shorty could keep his mouth to himself.

“Do you want my attention that bad?” Shubman sneered.

Ishan snorted. “You’re one to say.” He pointed at the herd of girls on the sidelines who were watching Shubman practice. They never came to watch the team!

Shubman turned his gaze, he didn’t even realize he had an audience. “You jealous?” He retorted with a smirk.

Ishan looked unfazed. “Kuch hona bhi toh padega jealous hone ke liye.”

Shubman gripped his bat tighter. This guy knew just the right ways to get on his nerve. He leaned in, speaking low. “Tujhe dekhna hai toh direct bol na.

Ishan grinded his teeth, holding the taller one’s gaze. “You really-” He was interrupted by Mayank calling his name. He shot a glare at Shubman before turning away.

“Oi!”

Ishan turned over his shoulder, sporting a scowl, much to Shubman’s satisfaction.

Meri T-shirt hatake paseena chaatega?

The scowl deepened but there was a tinge of red on his cheeks. “Pagal wagal hai kya?

Ishan couldn’t have avoided him even if he wanted to. This time, because of Coach. The codger decided it was a great idea to partner them up for the drills.

“Why do I have to be with him? It doesn’t make sense!” Ishan complained.

Shastri pursed his lips. “It’s not bad to get used to your opponent’s techniques.”

Shubman smirked, glancing at Ishan, who was clenching his jaw in frustration. “Watch and learn, shorty.”

“I’m going to kill him,” Ishan snarled.

“You’ll be disqualified from the league,” Shastri simply replied, returning to his office.

Ishan scoffed out loud, he picked his bat and walked off. “Mera lund kare tere saath practice.”