17) break up pt. 3

"are we over?"

he takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"that's for you to decide." he says, then slams the door behind him as he walks out.

i stare at the door hoping he would come back in. hoping we could apologize to each other. hoping i would've just said yes, even though i didn't want to. i'm not ready. why doesn't he get that?

matt looks over at me from the doorway, with the most sorry face.

my breathing gets shakier, a few tears fall from my eyes, and i get up and storm up to my bedroom.

the sadness turns to anger again. i throw the rest of the photos of nate onto the ground and tears are water falling down my face.

i stomp on the frames with my shoes, and the glass shatters. i'm stomping and jumping up and down on them.

after doing that for like 30 seconds, my knees get weak and i fall to the floor. of course, my knees land right on the glass.

"ah fuck!" i yell, falling on my behind and wiping the glass stuck onto my knee caps.

the anger turns back into sadness and here am i again. crying on my bedroom floor about nate.

my bedroom door flys open, and chris falls down next to me.

"hey hey hey- shhhh. do you wanna talk about it?" he asks, wrapping his arms around me, and rubs my shoulder.

out of the triplets, i was closest to chris. he was my ultimate best friend. we've alway been there for each other. he's actually the reason i met nathan.

i shake my head no, my chest going up and down with each breath i take.

soon after, all 3 of the boys were upstairs with their arms wrapped around me, comforting me.

i don't want to break up with nate. does he? i mean, he's giving me all this jewelry i was supposed to have.

once i calmed down, the boys helped me up.

"you guys should go." i say, wiping my tears.

"are you sure?" matt asks.

i nod.

they all hug me one final time before they walk on out.

i take a deep breath, and clean up the broken glass. i pick up the photo that was once in the frame and see it's a picture of nate and i on new year's eve.

then i just go lay in bed.

my heart physically hurts. if i would've just said yes, none of this would have happened. i have to make this right.

i get up, put my coat on, and get in my car.

i go place to place, gathering a few things.

in the end i had a box combo from raising canes, a case of yoo-hoos, and a v bucks card.

on my drive over to nate's house, my heart was beating outside my chest.