______________________

    Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? Luffy's throat tightened up, and he couldn't bring himself to keep laughing. When they landed, he slowly set her down, but she continued to cling to his neck, and started to giggle against him. Luffy audibly gulped, making her stop. Her arms slowly pulled away and her face brushed against his as she pulled back to look at him. Luffy took a sharp breath in and held it as she froze, one hand still barely touching his shoulder. He was so close, it was as if their own body heat had created some kind of magnetic force that was keeping them there. Her eyes held steadfast to his, almost as if searching for something.

"Luffy?" She said, tilting her head, ever so slightly.

Something about it made his head spin as those blue eyes pierced right through him. He was so unfamiliar with this girl. So then why did that feel so natural? And if it was natural, why was he so nervous all of a sudden?

Misaki's brow furrowed a little and he realized he never responded to her. Or kept breathing. Shit, I gotta breathe. Luffy leaned back and looked up, releasing the old air trapped in his lungs as if he meant to all along. He stepped back and grinned at her.

"Whoo! Jumping like that is such a rush, huh?!" He laughed nervously.

Misaki hesitated for a moment and then smiled as she clasped her hands behind her, tilting her head even more. "Sure is!"

Luffy couldn't help but blush as she smiled at him. Maybe it was because she was unfamiliar that he kept feeling like this?

"Well then..." she said. She grabbed his hand, making him feel like steam was coming out of his ears and he flinched, yanking his hand away. She laughed and grabbed him by the sleeve instead. "Let's go, dummy."
____________________

I dragged Luffy inside, who was clearly uncomfortable now. I, however, felt elated. Whatever that was out there gave me hope. Hope that something deep down might still be there between us. Even if he was unfamiliar with me. Even if he was unfamiliar with the feelings. Even if —

"What?! I-it's you guys!" Hm?

I tilted my head at the same man from yesterday, who looked pretty scared. Which was weird, because we never did anything to scare him. He very quickly changed his tune, clearing his throat and giving us a salesman's smile.

"I mean... welcome to the Tree Top Shop. How may I help you?"

My eyes narrowed. Luffy was none the wiser, smiling at the shop keeper and starting to talk with him. I meandered throughout the store and stopped at the transponder snails.

"Hey M'!!" Luffy yelled, making me jolt. I looked back at him.

"Yes?" I said, tilting my head. He blushed a little and scratched his head.

"If you could pick any color, what would you choose?" He asked, looking a little more nervous. I smiled.

"Definitely red." I said, making him grin.

"Me too! Do you want anything while we're here?"

"Hm." I pondered, pursing my lips.

"How about some boots to keep your feet dry when you go through the rain forest?" The salesman said, making my eyebrow twitch.

"How do you know we intend to go through the forest?"

"Well, you seem like adventurers to me." He said, sweat beginning to bead on his face.

"Well, I am a pirate." Luffy said plainly. The guy got more jittery, making Luffy laugh.

"Relax. He isn't a bad pirate if that's what you are worried about." I said, rolling my eyes. "He only cares about adventure and food."