🥀﹒chapter five

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

"I THINK I CAN SEE THE BEACH, just don't look underneath us. I need you here with me but we're out in the open," Angeline hummed quietly.

Today, the agency decided to head to the beach. Angeline immediately thought of The Neighbourhood song and listened to it the car ride over.

Angeline wasn't the most confident person, despite seeming so in certain situations. So, they were quite nervous to show her body while swimming.

Cute, Ranpo thought, hearing her hum to herself. He knew Angeline had a passion for music, often listening during their sexual encounters. So, this was no surprise to him.

"Atsushi-Kun, wanna play volleyball?" Yumi asked the boy she had feelings for. "O—Oh, of course Yumi-Chan," he replied, flustered by her caring gaze. She giggled to herself and guided him to the volleyball court.

Kunikida and the others joined, separating into two teams. "Where's Osamu?" Angeline asked, looking around nervously.

"Sorry we're late!" Dazai exclaimed to the group, having his arm around an unknown girl. "Hi everyone, I'm Kaori," the girl said, waving. Kunikida saw Angeline's upset expression.

"You idiot! This was supposed to be the agency only. No dates!" The tired man exclaimed angrily. He was mainly angry for Dazai playing Angeline's feelings like this. He didn't like seeing the girl he saw as a daughter upset or sad, especially over someone like Dazai Osamu.

"I can leave—" "Nonsense, it's just a one time thing. Won't bring her again," Dazai confirmed.

Angeline's fight or flight kicked in, she didn't want to leave, because then everyone would know the reasoning behind it. She forced herself to fight, even though her heart ached.

She threw herself into the volleyball match, racking up points for her team.

"You're really good at volleyball, Akagi-San," Kaori exclaimed. "Thanks," she said flatly. Mentally, she scolded herself for her tone, realizing it wasn't as polite as she wanted to be.

When Kaori scored a point, she squealed and ran into Dazai's arms. This was Angeline's breaking point. She hurried off to the bathroom, grabbing her bag along the way.

"That idiot," Kunikida muttered under his breath, glaring at Dazai, who happily flirted with Kaori.

Angeline made it to the bathroom, hiding herself in a stall. She leaned against the wall, bringing a joint out. She flicked her lighter a few times before taking a hit.

Weed entered her veins as she sighed out in pleasure. Leaning her head back, she blew the smoke out with her eyes closed. She held the joint, deep in thought.

"I'm nervous about Angel-Chan," Yumi said to Atsushi. "I am too, I hope she's okay," he explained, earning a worried nod from Takamoto.

The volleyball match finished as the sun set. The agency huddled around a fire and roasted marshmallows.

Finally, Angeline left the bathroom, dressed in a red bikini that showed off her curves. Her eyes were glossed over as she walked confidently towards the group.

Dazai's eyes trailed down her body, but she paid no mind, sitting beside Ranpo. "Hey, where were you? I was getting worried," the detective asked, reaching an arm over her.

"Smoked a joint," she briefly explained. He could see it in her eyes, nodding. "I don't wanna cause a fire or burn my marshmallow, mind doing it for me?" She asked, looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course." Ranpo smiled, placing a new marshmallow on his stick.

Dazai watched as the two immersed themselves in their own conversation. He felt an ache in his heart. It was on him for bringing a date, which he didn't realize.

"Y'know, Dazai-San's an idiot if he can't see how amazing you are," Ranpo said honestly. Angeline's eyes widened, lowering her head. "I mean it," he rasped.

"You're always so nice to me, Ranpo-Kun." She leaned against his shoulder. This was when Dazai started distancing himself from Kaori, eyes trained on the two.

"You like her, don't you?" Kaori asked, snapping Osamu out of his thoughts. "I can see it in your eyes." "Uh—" "I don't mind. The heart wants what it wants. I hope you get the girl." Kaori rubbed his hand reassuringly.

"Thank you," he breathed out.

"Atsushi-Kun," Yumi began, "have you ever been in love?" "L—Love?" His eyes widened. She looked at him, nodding. "I...I can't say I have." The weretiger scratched his head.

"I see." Yumi lowered her head, hiding her frown. "What about you?" Atsushi asked, hiding his curiosity. "Yes, it was painful." "I'm so sorry," he breathed out, wondering who could've possibly hurt someone as amazing as Takamoto Yumi.

"It's whatever, I've moved on now." The black fox shook her head, roasting another marshmallow. "I hope you find someone who loves you for who you are and supports you unconditionally," Nakajima said.

Yumi turned her head to him. She wanted that to be him more than anything. "Thanks, Atsushi-Kun."

The two now sat in silence, holding their tongues to not confess to each other.

Yumi was scared of rejection, being rejected again was something she truly couldn't handle. She'd been through enough pain. She deserved to live a happy life now.

The group wrapped up and said their goodbyes.

When Kunikida dropped Angeline off last, he walked her to her door. "Hey, I'm sorry about Dazai-San. He's an idiot that doesn't know how much it could affect you to see him with someone else," he announced.

Angeline pulled the key out of the keyhole. "Don't apologize, you can't control his actions. But, thank you. I wish he wasn't such a womanizer," she scoffed, opening the door.

"Goodnight, Kunikida-Kun," she said, smiling at the man. "Sweet dreams, Angeline."

Bruh this chapter could've been so much better sobs ITS NOT EVEN 1K WORDS

But hey we got yumisushi content, i love them sm my sweet peas <3