Love

"That's what Wendy and your mum said but they left to grow up "he said sadly Annie looked at Peter,he was sad that Annie will leave him like Wendy and Moira did years ago hurting him. "That was their choice,I'm different then them"she said Peter looked at her with wondering eyes. "You really want to stay here?" He asked. Annie looked at him and said "yes I don't want to hurt you like Wendy and my mum did". "You would never hurt me and your right" he said "your not like Wendy or Moira " but Annie looked sad,she heaved a sigh and Peter suspected something was wrong. "What's wrong?"
"Diana doesn't want me here "she said sighing
Peter smiled at her,she looked like she was going to burst into tears again and held her hands in his and looked at her. "Don't listen to what Diana says I want you here,the Lost Kids want you here even Tinker Bell ". Annie smiled a little but was still sad. "Diana says my family will replace me one day"
"Don't listen to her she doesn't know what she's talking about " he said but Annie was still unconvinced that Diana wanted her gone,she was unloved by everyone back home even at school where the kids used to call her a ugly freak and a unattractive child. She pulled her hands away from him and lay down on her bed. She looked like she was going to cry again,Peter lay next to her but her face had sadness and anger mixed in.
"Peter look at me " she cried with tears in her eyes "what do you see?"
"You?"he asked
"No you see a disappointment I am"she sobbed covering her face with her hands so Peter couldn't see the tears "a disappointment I am to my family,an ugly child who will never make her family proud. That's what I am,ugly" Peter pulls her hands away from her eyes and looks at her face. He smiled "you know what I see?"he asks "a beautiful smart young girl. That's what you are"
Annie blushed a little but didn't think that was what she is "I'm not that beautiful "she sighed "you are to me " he pushes a lock of hair behind her ear but Annie didn't believe she was beautiful "your just saying that when I'm not" "No
I'm not your as beautiful as a rose"as he said that he gives Annie a rose. Annie is touched by this gesture "for real"she asks looking at him. He smiled"for real" they both look into each other's eyes "it's getting late you should get to sleep" he places a hand on her cheek that had a faded handprint on it "night beautiful"he whispers in her ear and closes the curtains to the entrance. Annie felt a funny feeling in her stomach,a feeling that she never felt before. "What is this feeling I'm feeling?"she asks Scraps with wondering eyes. Scraps just barks in delight and jumps into his basket. Annie then realizes what feeling she is feeling. "Is it love? No that can't be"she tries to tell herself. She knows that if you love someone it means to grow up "to love is to grow up right? Like with Wendy?"she remembered the story that great grandmother loved Peter Pan but he couldn't love her refusing to believe he can love and not grow up at the same time. She looks at the rose he gave her,it was a red rose with a green stem,not like the roses she'd seen back home.

 She looks at the rose he gave her,it was a red rose with a green stem,not like the roses she'd seen back home

"I can't be in love can I?"she thought

If there's a prize for rotten judgment I guess I've already won that. No boy is worth the aggravation that's ancient history been there done that. She throws the rose on the bed refusing to believe Peter loves her. Scraps picks up the rose sensing Annie loves him. No chance,no way I won't say it no no. It's too cliche I won't say I'm in love. I thought my heart had learnt it's lesson. It feels so good when you start out. My head is screaming get a grip girl unless your dying to cry your heart out. Scraps tries to give Annie the rose but she walks away. No chance no way I won't say it no no. A voice inside her head is saying "give up give in check the grin your in love ". This scene won't play I won't say I'm in love. Your way off base I won't say it get off my case I won't say it. Annie picks up the rose she threw and looks at it and smiles. At least out loud I won't say I'm in love. She puts the Rose on her table and puts the blankets on her and closes her eyes. She realized she was in love with Peter Pan.