"What am I going to do with you both?" I sighed out.

*MEOW*

The yet to be named kitty suddenly snuggled into my neck.

- Haerin POV -

"I at least have a grandma. What do you have?!" Y/n mocked me.

"You don't have anybody. Nobody likes you!" Y/n started to laugh at me.

"Hahaha, what a freak!" Everyone around me started to laugh.

"Why can't you- se-see-see that no one like-sss you-you-?!" The voices around me started to become distorted.

"MOM!!!" I gasped out for air.

"WOOAAHH, It's okay. It's okay- it was just a dream!" Y/n suddenly placed their hand on my collarbone.

"Breath. It's okay. I'm right here," Y/n exhaled deeply.

I unconsciously followed Y/n's breathing rhythm and started to calm down.

"I'm right here. Okay?" Y/n reiterated.

I nodded a bit anxiously.

It was hard for me to get out of my fearful mental state sometimes. It was harder when I was a kid, but it seemed like that habit was starting to resurface again.

"Care to tell me what's going on?" Y/n asked.

I immediately shook my head.

I had no idea what was going on myself , and Y/n was the last person I wanted to talk about it with.

"Okay. Well maybe we could use a little distraction?" Y/n suggested.

The thought of that eased my mind.

"How about we go over to my campus so I can pick up a book from Seulgi?" My smile suddenly dropped.

"No!" I immediately rejected.

I wasn't even sure why I was so opposed to the idea.

"That was kind of aggressive!" Y/n awkwardly chuckled.

"I- I- I mean I'm just tired and I dont want to leave the kitten alone," I tried to make an excuse.

Y/n sighed.

"Fine," Y/n followed a bit annoyed.

- Y/N POV -

I didn't want to fight with Haerin or have to worry about her panicking. So, I called Seulgi sunbaenim to drop off the book I needed.

It didn't take her long to arrive.

*DING, DONG*

There was a ring at the door.

I watched as Haerin coward in a corner of the house and I walked over to check who it was on the peephole.