˙✦˖° The Date ༘ ⋆。˚

[Currently writing this on my phone lol, not that it's important or anything-]

[Request made by 

[Also! The y/n in this story is gender neutral! (Well- at least I hope I can make it gender neutral) And they use they/them pronouns!]

[For those that don't know-how Wally knows how to blow air kisses! And it's the only kiss he knows how to do]

Y/N's pov!

I had just finished getting ready for my picnic with Wally! Well- to me it seemed more like a date. Wally is an affectionate little guy who had no enemies, that everyone knew. But to me he seemed to be more interested in me than any of the neighbors. I would've thought it's because I'm still a bit new to the neighborhood but his actions say otherwise- he blows air kisses to me quite often and always asks me for hugs, sometimes he's even blushing! But then again- he doesn't really quite understand romance so I doubt it's on purpose. Whatever!

I quickly leave my house and close the door, then I make my way to Home. Though while on my way I noticed some colorful flowers that had many leaves on the stems; I bend down and pick them up, "they'd be perfect for Wally" I thought as I look down at the flowers in my hands.

I quickly make my way to Home and gently knock on the door, but Home opens the door for me "Thank you kind sir!" I say to Hone and give him a slight bow, then I carefully walk inside and search for Wally. I hear some humming coming from his kitchen and carefully poke my head out from the doorway. Luckily enough there he is, humming the song Barnaby taught him the other day while packing up a picnic basket. He was wearing his usual clothes, his red necktie, a blue cardigan with yellow accents with a white undershirt, and his colorful pants with his black and white shoes.

He notices me in the doorframe and his smile lights up "Oh, hi Neighbor!" he says in his gentle monotone voice and blows me a air kiss, I laugh softly at his gesture and walk into his kitchen to stand next to him "Are you ready, Wally?" I ask him as I tilt my head a little bit "mhm! are you ready?" I laugh at his little joke "Yes Wally I am, oh-" I had remembered I was still holding the flowers and gave them to him "They reminded me of you so I thought you should have them!" His eyes widen and a soft blush forms on his cheeks as he takes the flowers "They look beautiful! I wonder what kind of flowers these are" he tilts his head a little bit "Maybe, Julie knows" he finds a nearby vase and puts the flowers inside, then he goes over to the sink and puts some water in it so the flowers will last awhile.

as he does so I pick up the basket and wait for him. After he places the vase on a open window sill he walks over to me and holds my hand. Then we both begin to walk out of the kitchren and out of home

[I'm just gonna time skip a bit bc I'm too tired for this]

Me and him reach our "picnic" spot and begin to get settled. I lay down the plaid blanket and set the basket down. Once me and him are seated he begins to pass out the food he had packed for us. It wasn't anything fancy really- it was just some sandwiches and hot dogs from howdy's place and two sodas. Me and him were chatting away as we ate our food. Though- to me he seemed much more... Interested? Calm? Loving? I don't know how to put it in words. After we finished eating we decided to look at the scenery of our surroundings, I sat a bit closer to him and he blushed, I don't think he notices the times he blushes though-. He rests his head on my shoulder as we look at the scenery.

After a while of looking, me and him started putting up our stuff from the "picnic" and after that we started walking back.

[Again- I'm skipping the walking back part]

Me and him both arrive back to Home, before he walks inside Home with the basket he turns around to me

"Today was really fun, Neighbor" he says with a soft blush

"May I ask you something, Wally?" I ask him

"Of course!" He replies happily "Why are you always blushing around me?" He tilts his head a little bit in confusion "blushing? " "yeah- y'know... How your cheeks are always a little pink" "they are?" I laugh a bit before replying "yes Wally, they are" "well- maybe it's because you're special!" I blush a little bit at his comment "oh?" "Mhm!" For some reason I can't help but be drawn to him "well.. I'll see you tomorrow Wally" I blow him a little air kiss "and I'll see you tomorrow too y/n" he blows me a little air kiss as well and walks inside Home, and then I walk back to my house

866 words! [The most I've ever written in one story! :D ]