Heather Chandelier

Alrighty let's talk about everyone's favorite mythic bitch Heather Chandler

I am sure if you watched Heathers you can agree that they make most characters more empathetic like Veronica, JD, Heather Mac, etc. On the other side of that is what the musical did to Heather Duke (we'll get to her later) and Heather Chandler.

In the movie, Heather is a little more sympathetic. I think one of the best ways the movie shows this is the fact that Heather Chandler was basically groomed by these ADULT men and thus saw no problem with letting the same happen to Ronnie dearest.  This feels especially evident when Heather is washing her mouth and spits at her reflection. I feel this really shows how bad about herself/how powerless she feels.

Because of this, I think it sorta takes away from it being believable with the whole suicide thing. We as an audience as well as the students of Westerburg can understand how it was somewhat believable that she killed herself. (I'm not saying that someone HAS to be sympathetic to kill themself but I think that her being humanized makes it more believable ya know?)

That's all I actually really like the character of Heather Chandler (that's why this was so short) and how she was adapted for the musical. She is hella cool and probably a lesbian which is a plus anyway thanks for reading my dudes!!