Chapter 5: The Angel

Thebrothers walked further down the spiral, when suddenly, a weird feeling filledthe air. It felt like the air got a lot heavier suddenly. This feeling wasgetting worse and worse minute by minute until it felt like the air itself wascrushing them, an incredibly strong presence was nearby, so strong that itevoked a primal feeling of panic within both of them. Jaxith looked around in apanic, trying to find where this presence had its origin, his eyes dartedaround their surroundings, focusing on nothing really, his mind going a mile aminute. After a minute more of this feeling he could finally see where thiscrushing presence was coming from. He saw as a creature emerged from the holein the middle of the spiral, it was glowing bright white with a sword formedlike a Helix and a shield formed like a star and it was about 4 meters tall. Itlooked almost angelic with its bright white wings and angelic appearance. ButJaxith and Pyke both knew that this was no angel, it could not be. An angelcould never evoke such strong feelings of panic and fear in someone. As soon asthey saw it, the brothers froze in place as an icy shard of panic dug deep intotheir souls, making them unable to move. Their hearts started beating fasterand faster, still unable to move or look away from the thing that was seeminglyan angel come to life, all they could really do was pray that the thing had notseen them yet. After about 10 minutes of being frozen in place and almostgetting fooled by the creatures' appearance, they finally found the courage torun. All they wanted to do was hide and get away from that thing. They lookedfor cover wherever their eyes darted but could not find any, no bush or treewould be big enough to hide them both. Then suddenly, the thing noticed themand started attacking immediately. Even its attacks looked angelic with itfiring beams of white light from its sword. It was almost as if a demon wastrying to disguise itself as an angel, it was a perfect disguise in almostevery single way, but it could never disguise its presence. The presence that filledthe souls of whoever it came across with fear and panic. Jaxith and Pyke dodgedthe beams of light the best they could, one of the beams however, was headedstraight for them. Pyke stretched his hand out, just like Jaxith did when hefired that shard of ice at the Wings of Wicked Flames, a ball of water startedforming in his hand. He fired the ball at the beam of angelic light, the white beamclashed with the ball but instead of destroying the ball of water or piercingthrough it, the light split apart into all the colors of the rainbow, thisdirected the attack away from the brothers and they kept running. As they fled,they stumbled upon a cave entrance and made the quick decision to head inside.The creature tried to follow them but neither its beams nor its sword couldreach deep enough inside the cave to harm them. They breathed a sigh of relievewhen suddenly, Pyke had a knife to his throat. "Who are you and what are youdoing in this cave?" Said a deep, female voice, this was the same person thatwas pressing a knife against Pykes' throat. "If you want to talk to me at leastshow yourself" Jaxith yelled into the darkness of the cave. The girl revealedherself, still having a knife to Pykes throat. She was wearing a deep blue knights'armor with a necklace that had displayed a silver half moon. She had purpleeyes, they looked almost like amethysts, her hair was a little blonder in thefront than it was in the back, the front of it was an actual blonde while theother part was brown, it looked like hazelnuts. "We were on the run from thishuge angel-looking thing outside so we ran into this cave, I'm sorry if this isyour domain or anything, we did not mean to intrude but we needed to come inhere to stay alive." Jaxith said while trying to keep as calm as possible. "Oh,is that where all of this shaking ground came from?" The girl asked whileslowly letting go of Pyke. "Probably, lets go out together and I can show youwhat I mean" Jaxith said while gesturing for the girl to follow, he stoppedright before the entrance. "I forgot to ask for your name" Jaxith said "oh, myname? Its Ignis." The girl said in a slightly surprised tone. "I am Jaxith andthis is my little brother Pyke" the elder brother said. They headed outside thecave to show Ignis what was going on, but the angel was no longer in front ofthe cave, instead it was now fighting something else over the hole in themiddle of the spiral. The thing it was fighting seemed to be some kind ofdragon, it was dark as the night with red eyes glowing with flames of hate. Thetrio did not dare to go any more near to the fight unfolding in front of theireyes. Ignis seemed to be more terrified than Jaxith and Pyke together, she wasshaking and on the verge of tears, her entire being was completely enveloped infear. In the end, neither of the creatures won the fight, both retreated intothe depths of the abyss, heavily wounded from the fight. After both thecreatures disappeared, Ignis broke down, sinking to her knees. Pyke rushed toher side "Ignis, whats wrong?" Pyke asked in a very concerned tone. "HeavenlyReapers..." Ignis said, her voice only a quiet whisper, shaking with fear.