ginger is not a good look

"Hey Jackie" Stephanie says with a smile as she walks over to her new friend "What's up with the cap? It doesn't go with your outfit at all

"Hey Jackie" Stephanie says with a smile as she walks over to her new friend "What's up with the cap? It doesn't go with your outfit at all."

"Um" Jackie nervously says before lifting her cap up to show the bleached parts of her hair before quickly placing the cap back on her head.

"Jackie, why are you trying to go ginger?" Stephanie asks, just assuming that Jackie wanted to die her hair but it went badly.

"I don't want to go ginger" Jackie says defensively "Isaac put bleach in the shampoo."

"Wait, he did what?" Stephanie asks with wide eyes.

"He had some stupid bet with the others about me going to school with bleached hair" Jackie says as she rolls her eyes "So now my hair is ginger."

"Look, if you want, I'll come over after school and help you get your hair back to it's natural colour" Stephanie offers. Like a lot of girls, Stephanie loved her hair to be perfect. If her hair didn't go the way that she wanted, she would refuse to leave the house, which she thought was reasonable... her brother's on the other hand did not find it reasonable.

"Are you sure?" Jackie asks with a small smile.

"Yeah of course" Stephanie says with a smile before seeing Isaac on the other side of the hall "Just give me one second, okay?"

"Um, yeah" Jackie says before Stephanie walks over to Isaac, who is with Lee.

"Isaac, what the fuck?" Stephanie asks, catching the attention of her ex-boyfriend and his brother "Putting bleach in Jackie's shampoo, are you being serious? Do you know how much damage that could of done to her hair? And as well, do you know how much pride a girl has for their hair? How a girl's hair looks means a lot to them and you being the dickhead that you are, went and ruined Jackie's. Honestly, Isaac, do you seriously do anything else other than pissing girls off? Because right now it seems like you don't."

"Relax, Steph, it was just a joke" Isaac says, not seeing the big deal.

"How would you feel if someone shaved your hair off just for a joke?" Stephanie asks Isaac, who stays silent "Yeah, you wouldn't like it. So, I swear to God, if you ever pull another stupid prank on Jackie again, I'm going to shave your hair off and find a way to make sure it never grows back, okay?"

"Okay" Isaac says with a sigh, knowing that he really pissed off Stephanie.

"Good" Stephanie says before looking at Lee with a smile "Hi Lee."

"Hi Steph" Lee says to Stephanie with a smile before she walks away.

"Why is she so mad at me?" Isaac says with a huff, making Lee look at his brother like he is an idiot.

"Because you broke up with her 'cause you're too scared to tell her that you love her" Lee says with a shrug "And you didn't actually give her a reason why you broke up with her. If I was Steph, I would be mad at you too."

"Shut up Lee" Isaac says as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, okay, tell me to shut up because you know I'm right" Lee says, making his brother roll his eyes again.

TIME SKIP BY LEE BEING A STEPHANIE DEFENDER

One thing to know about James Stewart is that he has had a crush on Stephanie Wolfe since he had met her. James wasn't one to normally like someone, but the more he got to know Stephanie, the more he started to think about her, but he could never do anything about it because she was in a relationship with Isaac. When he found out that Isaac had broke up with Stephanie, he did message her to see if she was okay, like any good friend would do, which she answered; but other than that, she barely talked to him the whole summer. The rest of the summer, he spent thinking about Stephanie, hoping she was okay, until he saw her on the first day back at school. Stephanie had a glow up and James thought she looked beautiful. Yes, she already was beautiful before her glow up, but she looked more gorgeous than ever, which made him more nervous to talk to her.

"Hey Steph" James says with a smile as he walks over to her locker to see her there.

"Oh, hi James" Stephanie says with a smile.

"Um, how have you been?" James awkwardly asks, not knowing what else to say to her.

"I've been better" Stephanie honestly answers with a smile "What about you? I heard you made the starting team for football."

"Yeah, thanks to you for helping me get my grades up" James says with a smile "And you look great by the way, this summer was good to you."

"In some ways it was" Stephanie says with a sigh, making James regret what he said.

"Isaac is an idiot" James says to her, making Stephanie smile "He never deserved you, Steph."

"It's just... he never gave me a reason, you know" Stephanie starts her rant "He just randomly told me one day that it was over. We were in a really good place and then suddenly it was over, just like that. I just want to know what I did wrong."

"Steph, he did it because he is a dickhead" James says with a sigh, never really liking Isaac, even before he broke up with Steph "You didn't do anything wrong. Isaac was just being the dickhead playboy that he is. You've done nothing wrong."

"I just need to try and forget about it" Stephanie says.

"How about we do something together to try and take your mind off of it?" James says "We could go to Monty's after school?"

"I would but I told Jackie I would help her sort her hair out. The boys put bleach in her shampoo, can you believe that?" Stephanie tells James "But we could go tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything tomorrow so that will work" James says with a smile before hearing his friends shouting on him "So Monty's tomorrow, yeah?"

"Definitely" Stephanie says with a smile before James walks away with a smile plastered on his face as well.

1039 Words