The ascendant

*chapter 5 - the ascendant•

The morning after I spent the night baby-sitting Kai, I woke up to Damon and Kai arguing. Again.

I slowly start opening my eyes and rub my blurred vision back to it original clear seeing self.

I slowly sit up from where I was laying on the couch and stretch my arms with a yawn, then turn my head to Damon. "Do you ever shut up?" I complain rolling my eyes.

"No, but you will be happy to know that I have made you food. It's in the kitchen in the counter." Damon sends me a smile then turns back to argue with Kai more.

I swing me feet off the couch and quickly stand to my feet and walk my lazy body into the kitchen where I can smell a fresh load of Damon's pancakes waiting for me on a plate on the kitchen counter.

Oh god do I love Damon's pancakes, but they do get a little boring after eating them nonstop for four months straight. And oh do I miss my moms cooking, I don't think I have ever met a better cook than her, Care used to call her Mommy-Ramsey when she was younger, I miss that sweet and innocent sister I used to have, but she's way more fun now, I can't wait until she gets to a point where she is just like fuck u humanity, I want off. Oh she will be fun.

I sit myself down right next to Bonnie, she's still trying to find out why her magic would be the key to 'getting the hell out of here' as Kai worded it.

"Hey Bon Bon, how the grimoire searching going?" I peep my head past her shoulder as her eyes quickly search the page for answers.

"O-kay, considering the fact you can't hear me through your very crowded mind maybe I can get your attention in a better way..." I tell my self as Bonnies eyes still scared the old pages of the book.

I grab her arm that was flicking through some more pages and siphon some of her magic, she lets out a yelp and I let go then look up to her.

"Sorry Bon Bon, you were deep in thought and you weren't listening to me" I slightly shrug. "Oh and you couldn't have just shook me a little?" Bonnie rolls her eyes.

"Well I'm sorry Bon but you know if there is magic I-" "you will take it at any costs, yeah I get it Zo, you tell me all the time" Bonnie holds her arm, slightly rubbing her wrist from the after sting of my siphon affects.

"Because you always forget it duh" I turn to my plate that has a stack of fluffy pancakes sitting on it, I grab my fork and stand to dig into the fluffy pile of heavenly food in front of me.

While I eat my delicious breakfast, Bonnie gets up and walks into the living room to go and see what Kai and Damon are arguing about this time.

She leaves her grimoire open on the table, stupid idea Bon Bon, I pull it closer to me while chewing my pancakes and placing my fork onto my plate.

I lift the old looking book into my lap and begin reading. It's all written in some random ass Latin or something, but thank god grams liked me.

She thought me most of it but I still struggled at times, Bonnie helped with it after grams, you know, died.

It read
death spells NO1:
Tenebris anima vestra contundito mortem et conteret spiritum. Frange vitam nolite corde ut sub terra esse, ad tenebras usque in sempiterrnum.

Wow, I think you flicked a little to far in the book there Bon, I don't need to know how to kill someone using black magic geez. But now that I know it, maybe I'll just use it on little mr I-never-shut-my-big-fucking-vampire-mouth-up.

Once i finally finish my pancakes, I walk into the living room where Kai is sitting on a chair with a child like grin on his face as he watches me walk into the room.