𝙎𝙄𝙓

The one where Juliet doesn't make it

"I'll be with you both, always and forever

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'll be with you both, always and forever. Goodbye, my love."

"Always and forever."

• • •

Dean sits down in the waiting room of the hospital, his head in his hands as he can hear the screams coming from the room adjacent to where he is sitting.

Juliet's water broke around three hours since they admitted her into the ward, at first everything was okay, he was sitting in the hospital room with her, holding her hand as she uses all the strength she can muster to give birth to their baby and then everything happened all at once. He was sitting by her bedside and the next minute he's pushed out of the hospital room by two nurses as the machine that's hooked up to his girlfriend started to beep erraticaly.

All he heard before the door shut on him was how she's losing a lot of blood.

That was fifteen minutes ago.

In that time he's paced up and down the linoleum floor so much, he's surprised he hasn't worn a hole into the floor. Now he sits in a plastic blue chair that's causing his back to ache, but he doesn't care. The only thing that is on his mind is Juliet and their unborn baby.

Another fifteen minutes roll by and Dean's just about at his wits end, tired of sitting around waiting when all he wants is information on if his girlfriend is okay.

It's then something hits him, the screams have stopped and he doesn't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. The hospital is now eerily quiet, so silent that the only thing that can be heard is his heart beating ten to a dozen. He feels like it's going to burst.

Just when he feels like he's about to pick up the chair he's sitting on and toss it at the nearby white pristine wall, the door to Juliet's hospital room opens and a doctor walks out with a clipboard in hand. His eyes instantly find Dean's.

"Are you Mr. Winchester?"

Dean's standing in a blink of an eye and is quick to nod his head, "Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" The Doctor gives him a look at his questions and it isn't a good one. The look the doctors sends him is enough to make Dean sit down again, his legs feel wobbly, like jelly. Dean feels like what the Doctor's going to say next, won't be good.

"The baby's fine, she's healthy and happy."

Those words have Dean sighing in relief as he musters the strength to stand back up, "And Juliet?"

A downcast look flashes across the Doctor's face.

"I'm sorry, but she didn't make it. There was complications with the birth, the baby came out breech and your wife, she was hemmorrhaging badly, she lost a lot of blood. We couldn't save her in time. I'm very sorry, sir."