Attack

© 2015 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved

Chapters are going to be 400-600 words less (I usually write 2000+ words) but the content will still remain juicy, I promise. 

~ Stark ~

"So you seriously can't remember anything?" a tall dark haired Lycan sat across me with his blond twin.

"Yes."

He clenched his fist. "Not even when you cut my hand off?"

I blinked. "I did what?"

The blond one, I think his name was some sort of genre of music, spoke up. "Draver tends to hold minuscule grudges for a long time."

The red haired women who sat on either side of me crossed their arms. 

"Where exactly are the Anosovas?" Iris questioned, glancing ever so often at me.

Draver leaned back in the sofa. "Gathering those Lycans from the other Royal families. Where have you been? Not including yesterday, you've been gone for the whole day, The Moon Goddess hasn't returned you and now all of the sudden you're here."

She frowned, clearing her throat. "It's not something I'm at the liberty to discuss-"

Katya came hurdling down the stairs, heading straight for Iris.

"Get her out!" she shook Iris' shoulders. "You have to get the Moon Goddess out, right now!"

I set my palm on the small of her back. "What's wrong, what happened?"

She didn't meet my eyes, clutching her head. "He has him! He-he- ugh!"

Draver's eyes widened and he moved around the coffee table. "Calm down, you're having an anxiety attack, your temperature is skyrocketing."

"He has my brother!" she wailed, pulling away from us.

"What? No, those triplet idiots are getting the other Lycans-" Castor began but Katya shoved him back when he tried to approach her.

"No!" Katya screamed, "He has him! Erebus has Mikhail!" 

Lorena instantly jumped. "It's alright, we'll rescue him."

She fervently shook her hand, dropping to her knees. "No, no, no. He's the vessel. Mikhail is the vessel for Erebus- that bastard must've turned my brother into a vampire. He made Mikhail kill his mate and her pack."

My gut twisted as I felt partly responsible for her agony. After all, I had helped the enemy even if I knew not that they were the enemy at first.

Everyone seemed to be too shocked to reply to her breakdown.

Alric whispered something to Iris and she nodded, moving forward. I caught her arm. "What do you plan to do to my light?"

She gently pulled my hand off her arm. "Don't worry, I'm just going to ease her sorrow. I can heal her psychologically by numbing her neurotransmitters in her amygdala, but I'm not sure if it'll be a long lasting affect."

"Don't get near me," Katya snapped shakily. "I don't feel- I don't feel right."

A sparkle of blue-white appeared, bright and blinding. As if automatic, a filter like sheet dropped over my eyes like a pair of shades and I was able to see while everyone else covered their eyes.

She was beautiful, like a rising moon. The entire house seemed to darken yet she shone brightly. Her black hair long and wild and her white dress etched with wolf patterns that seemed to come to life was all I was able to catch before she pulled her white cape over the shuddering body of Katya and they vanished into thin air.