Author's notes

This story portrays the life of Rosalina, a hardworking and resilient woman who faces personal and social challenges on her journey. The narrative explores themes such as maturity, self-discovery, overcoming adversity, and the search for hope and meaning. Rosalina is depicted as someone who struggles to balance her daily responsibilities with her personal desires and internal emotions. The author reflects on her childhood, which was marked by typical fears of that age, and her transition to adulthood, facing more complex concerns such as financial debts and anxiety. The writing is poetic and evocative, delving into the depths of Rosalina's soul as she confronts her own weaknesses and seeks a greater meaning in her existence. The text explores the duality of life, alternating between moments of darkness and despair and glimpses of light and hope. The story portrays Rosalina's emotional journey, alternating between moments of despair and clarity, ultimately conveying a message of optimism and possibility. It reflects deeply on the nature of life and the human condition, presenting a sensitive and moving portrait of a woman in search of meaning and redemption.

March is International Women's Month and so I dedicate this short story to all of them!