Empty Bed

..... How long has it been? Not that long. I could still see the light getting smaller and smaller as I flew further away. Well technically I was falling, but it felt like I was flying. It was like I could feel the gravity coming from the center of the Earth. Was that where I was going? Am I even going to land somewhere?

My back hit something and I bounced off of it, my sides and legs starting to hit and bounce off of things that were moving too fast for me to see as I flew. It reminded me of a green slide, and the board game snakes and ladders. Or is it spikes and ladders? I don't know it's been too long. They were supposed to make a horror movie about it I think...

My body including my head kept bouncing and hitting different parts of this black slide, I was starting to feel less so now. Like I was leaving reality and coming back. I started to feel more closed in and I started to feel a little scared, what's at the end of this slide?
I turned my head and looked down, I couldn't see anything below me and my head hit the closing in walls again.
This isn't how I wanted to die, if I will die that is. and if I do eventually reach the bottom I was definitely going to explode or something. But if the impact doesn't kill me, blood loss or starvation will.

I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself and be slow but my terrified lungs didn't let me. I took in another shaky breath and closed my eyes before letting out a yell that quickly turned into a scream. My body banging against the closing in walls sooner and sooner before I suddenly felt no more walls and my body fell against something wet and sticky.

My eyes were still closed and the scream ended with a loud grunt and groan that oddly echoed in the new area I was in. I felt my tears prick in my eyes and slowly falling out, mixing in with the unknown sticky substance I was now laying in.
I stayed still, for probably a minute or two, before realizing that I wasn't in any pain. The impact did nothing. I didn't want to open my eyes so I moved my legs around to get a guess of what I was laying in.

The sticky substance didn't stick to me but it was like it was following me. I hesitated to open my eyes but I did anyway, my vision being blurred from the terrified tears. I blinked and pushed my curls out of my face. My vision adjusted itself and widened at my unfamiliar surroundings.

The first thing I saw was grey, a specific dark shade of grey that was endless. I wasn't in a room because there were no corners, so I thought I was in a sphere before seeing these black lines like spider web and broken glass, they stretched out all over and we're all in different places. Stretching out as far as I could see and probably farther, like the grey was nothing and wherever the lines were coming from weren't going anywhere.

I lifted my head up and looked down at what I was laying in, I was on top of one of the black spider web lines. It was oddly wider than the other lines.

I repositioned myself so I could get up but froze as the sticky line got smaller. It confused me greatly and I furrowed my brow. I moved slowly as I got up, keeping an eye on the black line as it slowly shrunk down and got thinner and thinner till it met my feet.
I breathed in slowly and lifted a foot so I could take a step forward

"Don't be scared-"

I jumped and spun around, looking for where that child-like voice came from. I didn't see anything but the odd void behind me till I looked down and saw a small looking being.
It was like the small being was part of the sticky line, there was no color or something that would help me identify what she looked like exactly. She was like a droplet of black paint or slime in the shape of a- ... Of a....

"I don't remember my name, otherwise I'd introduce myself correctly. Do you remember your name?"
The little voice said, her pearls for eyes staring up at me. I knew what her shape reminded me of, but it had been so long since I've seen something in the shape of hers that I had completely forgotten what they were called. But yet, she didn't look like one of them.