14. The Hotel

•Alya•
When we got to the village of Aetherlyn, we walked around a bit asking people what Rajani was doing, most of them said the same thing: "He locks people up for no reason, we heard that the princess escaped, she was the reason the king was more generous, not extremely generous but generous, it's probably her fault."

I feel so bad, people keep saying it's my fault for not staying, and I agree. As we walk to the hotel Elvis spots a poster with my face on it saying that I was wanted, alive. The boys start to walk away and when they aren't looking I rip the poster off of the wall and shove it in my pocket.

When we get to the hotel, I run into the bathroom, Elvis likes hogging the bathroom, so if I don't go in there first I won't go in at all.

•Blake•

Alya ran into the bathroom as soon as we walk in, we shared a cabin with one bathroom, and we've both learned that Elvis hoggs it. As Alya starts to unlock the door I get up, and I start to walk towards the bathroom, I am two feet away from the door when Elvis jumps on top of me, "Nope!"

I get up, "Yep!"

Alya walks out, we both look at the door, Elvis uses his sonic powers to push me into the chair behind me, he laughs at me, and runs into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Alya smiles as she helps me up, I groan, "You alright?"

I sigh, "Yep."

"Don't worry he'll have to get out."

Alya sits on the bed and sighs, she stops smiling when she looks at a piece of paper she took out of her pocket. I walk towards her, "Hey, what is that?" I sit down and see the wanted paper with her face on it, "Oh." I pause for a second thinking of a way to comfort her, "It's not your fault."

"But what if it is, I mean I'm the one who left."

"Yeah-, but-, Rajani is the one locking the people up not you."

"What if, what if he locked up Carter and Walter?"

I've heard her talk about Carter, but I'm scared that she might like him, and that makes me feel awful. For some reason when I think of Alya I get these butterflies in my stomach, and I can't help but smile at her green eyes and beautiful brown hair. I hug Alya, she looks at me, "If he did we'll get them out." I look at her eyes and smile.

•Alya•

When Blake hugs me I feel safe, I love looking at his mesmerizing dark eyes that match perfectly with his black hair, I'm speechless, I - I don't know what to say, the only words that come out of my mouth are, "Th - thanks." Blake smiles, I can't stop starring at his eyes. We stay quiet looking at each other.

After a while Elvis comes out of the bathroom, "Heyyyy!" Blake and I stand, and Elvis looks at us and smiles. Blake clears his throat and walks into the bathroom. Elvis looks at me and smiles, "What happened?"

I act clueless, "What do you mean?"

He thinks for awhile and gasps, "Did you guys - you know -," he starts to whisper, "kiss?"

"What?! No!"

."Ok, whatever you say," he puts his hands up in defeat and sits down, "you should go to bed, I'll take first watch, - were you about to?"

"I don't know!"

"Wait! What?!"

He starts to tease me as Blake walks into the room, I start to yell, "I'm going to bed now, good night, Blake, good night, Elvis!" Over and over again until he stopped.

Blake sleeps on the couch, and Elvis sits on the other couch putting his hands behind his head and crossing his legs, "Night!"

I mumble, "Night."