Waiting for Joffrey

En başından başla

"Maddie." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Maddie's headshot picture.

"Nice job in the group dance and nice job on your solo. Even though you got second place you beat the boy." Ms. Abby says.

"And...Brooke." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Brooke's headshot picture.

"I thought that your part in the group dance was excellent. Just watch the chin and the chin stand; no more hickeys." Ms. Abby says, as Brooke tries not to laugh.

"On top of the pyramid...is my golden girl Christina." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing my headshot picture.

My mom and I smiled.

"You won the overall high score, you beat Justice, you beat Maddie, you beat all the boys, congratulations." Ms. Abby said.

Everyone clapped for me as I smiled.

Christina

Brooke Maddie Mackenzie

Paige Nia Chloe

"Moving on. I need to talk a little bit about this week. There's going to be a scout from the Joffrey Ballet in Michigan at Energy Dance. He is scouting kids to go to an audition for Joffrey." Ms. Abby revealed.

The girls and I gasps.

"I have family there! Wonderful!" Kelly says.

|The Joffrey is one of the premier ballet programs in the country. It's reputation is unparalleled. And it really could give one of them an incredible opportunity. It gave Christina plenty of opportunities when she won the competition on Abby's ultimate dance competition.|Christi Lukasiak | Dance mom

"So, you need to be your best. You need to represent the Abby Lee Dance Company to the best of your ability. All right. The group number this week is entitled Nip and Tuck. i know that you talk about having work done. Kelly." Ms. Abby said.

"What?" Kelly said.

"We all know what you want." Ms. Abby says.

"Boobs?" Kelly guessed.

The girls and I laughed.

"You all know that you have beautiful, gorgeous children. So this is about a message about our body image. It's a message about people that do have work done. It's kind of eerie, it's kind of dark."Ms. Abby says.

|I think that we're supposed to be trying to teach our girls to be comfortable in their own skin, not change that skin. So I'm not sure what kind of mixed messages we're sending.|Christi Lukasiak | Dance mom

"We have two trios. I'm splitting the group in half, and the trios will be Mackenzie, Paige and Nia. You will be doing a high-energy jazz routine incorporating gymnastic tumbling." Ms. Abby says.

|I think Paige feels like she's being downgraded. Paige is used to dancing with Christina and Chloe. Normally, you try to dance ahead, and now Abby's bringing her back a step.|Kelly Hyland|Dance mom

"Then I have Brooke, Maddie and Chloe." Ms. Abby revealed the next trio.

I looked at my mom confused on why I was being replaced in the trio.

"You will be doing a contemporary lyrical routine. Chloe, it's about the trio. Maddie, you've never danced with Chloe and Brooke before so I expect you to keep up. Christina, instead of a duet you're going to be doing a duet with David Reyes you're crush." Ms. Abby revealed.

I blushed and looked down.

|Nia, Paige and Mackenzie finally have their special moment, their trio, and i think that they should have a chance to win on their own, because when you're putting them against Brooke, Maddie and Chloe, I mean, it doesn't really seem like that's gonna be too much of a fair fight.|Christi Lukasiak | Dance mom