[019]~ 𝒯𝑒𝓃𝓈𝑒

"THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME MAGIC IN THAT OLD SILK HAT THEY FOUND!" Sirius and Remus were singing in...almost unison, "Cuz when they placed it on his head, HE BEGAN TO DANCE AROUND!"

"Dessa, I thought I told you not to let them pick that one again." Peter complained.

"I'm sorry, they just seemed so excited about it." She apologized.

"Did you at least like it?" James asked from his spot beside her. She was sat on the edge of the couch, beside James, Peter on his other side. Sirius and Remus had been dancing around on the love seat singing the song together.

"Yes, it was a rather endearing story." She replied. She stifled a giggle as she saw Sirius lose his balance standing on the loveseat, grabbing Remus to steady himself but instead pulling the boy down with him. "Are you sure they had hot cocoa and not butterbeer?"

James rolled his eyes at his friends. "Butterbeer won't get you that drunk, and it usually doesn't do much to those two blokes." He explained, "but I wouldn't be surprised if Padfoot snuck some firewhiskey in." He looked to his friends bumbling around.

"If I did not know any better, I would think you two were a couple." Odessa giggled.

The two boys stopped dead and looked to her. "Are you serious?" Remus asked.

"That's ludicrous. I'm far too good for him." Sirius remarked.

Remus opened his mouth to speak, but closed it as he thought on what he just heard. He just gestured towards Sirius, "Case in point why the opposite is true."

"I was just putting it out there." She defended.

Peter tilted his head in thought, squinting slightly. "Yeah... I could see it." He shrugged.

"Would make a better couple than Pads and Marls." James added.

Remus and Sirius looked to each other. "Yeah that's fair."

"Can't argue that."

———————————

After the movie, the group headed outside to make a fort in fresh snow. "See, Dove, this snow here is good because it can easily be compacted. Have you ever made a snow fort?" Sirius asked.

"If I had, it would have been many years ago." She replied. "So you just build a walls out of snow to protect you from the winds?" She asked.

"That and enemy attacks." Sirius replied. Him and Peter went about their fort by gradually adding compact snow to make thick walls as barriers.

"And which way is best to protect you from... enemy attacks?" She asked. She looked over to Remus and James who were stacking snow planks like bricks for their walls.

"Ours are better barriers." Peter chimed in. "Sure theirs look nice, but when they get ambushed with our snowballs their walls are done for." He spoke cheerfully.

Odessa casually made her way over to the other two to see their side. She watched Remus use his finger to trace out a shape in the snow, then carefully dig around it to lift out a held together plank of snow. "And why are you going about it this way?"