Chapter 1 - Dresses and Drinks

Start from the beginning

"Oh thank Merlin," Ginny groaned standing to her feet.

"Merlin?" Diane asked with the cart coming to a stop. Ginny coughed as I smacked my hand against my forehead.

"It's just something she has said for years...the girl was a little obsessed with King Arthur and Camelot." Diane simply nodded before turning back to walk through the door. She stopped before she reached the door. She turned to us grinning.

"I've always been partial to 'dear Godric' myself." She walked out the room leaving Ginny and I to gape at where she had just stood.

"What are the odds we stumble into a muggle dress shop with a witch as an employee?" Ginny asked still staring at the door.

"Very fucking slim," came Pansy Parkinson's voice as she walked through the same door we were staring at. Luna and Diane followed through. Diane had a smug look on her face. Pansy plopped onto the couch with a huff. Once the smoke had cleared, and Pansy was finally able to leave her home, we got to know her a lot better than anyone would have thought. She became one of our best friends.

"I'm just surprised witches are coming into a muggle shop for this kind of stuff." Diane grinned standing next to Ginny. "Champagne?" She asked waving her hand. A bottle and glasses appeared in front of us.

"Yes please," we all said grabbing the glasses.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

By the end of our second hour, Diane had joined us for more champagne. Turns out she was the owner of this shop. She had graduated Hogwarts after the war. She was a few years behind us. She just graduated last year and took over her mother's shop. When we asked her to join us, she closed the front and brought another bottle. We had only found two dresses so far. Mine was the one we were struggling with. In all honesty, I wasn't struggling with anything. Apparently I couldn't pick my dress...

"Nope that's not it either," Diane said sipping from her glass. I groaned going back into the fitting room. Pansy had chosen a strapless lavender gown that laid perfectly on her body. It hugged her in all the right places and had a slit up to her thigh. Luna had chosen a dress with cap sleeves. It was fitted until the waist where it flowed out at her hips. Both of their dresses were silk...and I was running out of options. Removing the seventh dress I had tried on, I moved to number eight. Once on, I admired the soft fabric. It had thin spaghetti straps holding the fabric over my shoulders. The neckline was low and definitely brought attention to my boobs. I did love the corset feature of this one, but the slit was not something I would normally go for.

"Diane I need help!" I said trying to tie the laces of the corset myself

"Diane I need help!" I said trying to tie the laces of the corset myself. Diane came in and gasped.

"Oh this is it!" She squealed grabbing the laces from my hands. She pulled tightening the corset. "Girl you look snatched!" We were all a little tipsy at this point so I giggled in response. "I'm loving the tattoos!" Stepping out of the room, the other three girls gasped so loudly.