Don't Judge Friends

Egad's peace was disturbed by the sound of a door bursting open. He turned to find a panicked Four with some kind of small creature. "Egad! These bugs are devouring the Mushroom Kingdom and Smg1 and Smg2 are on their way! Can you help us!?" Egad looked at the little monster and said "Is that a parasprite?"

"I DON'T KNOW!! IS IT!?" Egad latched his eyes onto Four's while delivering his advice. "If these creatures are in the kingdom...you're doomed." Four took a large gulp, realizing there was nothing that Egad could do.

He raced back, swatting away the parasprites when he noticed that Smg1 and Smg2 would be here any moment and the swarming monsters were still attacking. Four tried to think of a plan, but the only thing he could think of was not likely to work.

"Okay. Three you distract them." That wasn't a problem at all as he was running past Four, as parasprites were after him. "Okay, everyone else lets build an exact copy of the kingdom over there. We've got less than a minute!" Unfortunately, they were all too busy trying not to get eaten. Four should have guessed that this plan was stupid. "Desti was right. We're doomed."

He then heard a catchy tune coming down the street. "Oh no its the procession for Smg1 and Smg2! It's all over!" He prepared himself for the worst, unexpectedly finding that it was actually Mario with all the instruments he gathered. Four blinked a few times to see if what he was seeing was actually correct. Sure enough Mario was playing the classic Mario theme song while walking past Four. "Mario!? Were in a crisis here! This isn't the time for your-" He paused as he saw the Para-sprites were dancing along to the music. "Nonsense...?"

The rest of their friends watched as all the parasprites were following the Italian plumber along. Four walked up to them and shrugged. He was just as flabbergasted as them. As Mario drove them all the way back to the Dark Webbed Forest, the others followed behind, meeting some familiar faces. Smg1 and Smg2 had arrived, unknowing to what had happened. "Smg4! Our faithful meme guardian!" He laughed nervously and said "Hello you two!"

"So nice to see you and your friends too." They then saw the line of dancing parasprites and the mustached man who orchestrated it. "Sooooo how was the trip?" The two examined one of the bugs that had landed in their hands. "These creatures are adorable!"

"Their not that adorable..." Three muttered while crossing his arms. "It's such an honor that you and your friends have put together a parade in honor of our visit!" Four felt confused for a second. "Parade? Oh THAT parade! Yes!" Their smiles slowly faltered. "Unfortunately our visit will have to be postponed to another time. Apparently there has been some infestation in New Donk City." Wait a minute...Did they know? "An infestation?

"Some swarm of incredibly bothersome creatures has invaded the poor city. We're sorry Smg4 for putting you through so much trouble." Four tried to be dismissive and cover it up. "Trouble? What trouble?"

The meme guardians were about to leave until they turned and said "Before we go, would you like to deliver your report on friendship in person." "Report?" The two nodded and pointed to Mario. "Haven't you learned anything about friendship?" Four shook his head and said calmly "I actually have. Iv'e learned that sometimes the solution to your problems can come from where you least expect it. It's a good idea to stop and listen to your friends ideas." Mario's cymbals crash. "Eveennn when they don't make sense."

"Wonderful. Sounds like your all learning so much and we look forward to our next chat." They waved and went through a portal to the city. With the visit now over, the others turned to Mario, who had led all the parasprites back to the forest. "Hey! What happened to Smg1 and Smg2?" Four said with a wavering hand "Emergency in New Donk City." Three continued with a smirk. "Some kind of infestation. Couldn't imagine what that might be."

"Oh no! Do they have parasprites too? Don't worry, Mario's tuba will save the day!" He blew into it while Four calmed him down. "I think Smg1 and Smg2 can handle it." Meggy asked in curiosity "So you knew what these things were all along?" Mario looked confused. "Of course! Why did you think Mario needed all of this? Mario tried to tell you." Four graciously said "We know Mario. Sorry we didn't listen." They all apologized to him, except Three made his apology quiet so Mario couldn't hear. "You're a great friend even if you act like an idiot." Mario took that as a compliment and returned the message. "Thanks! Smg4 is great friend too even if he is an idiot as well!"

Ignoring him, Four said "You saved the Mushroom Kingdom!" It might be a little to early for a celebration as they went back to find that the Kingdom was absolutely destroyed. Mario played the whah whah whahhh music to the camera as they all stared at the absolute mess left by those vermin.