𝟎. lady teinhai

Start from the beginning

The animal squealed in surprise as she was tucked under the air benders arm, "Sorry," Aarro tossed her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her glider. Her sandals padded lightly against the ground as she ran right back to the stables.

Aang was waiting.

She let out a gust of air, floating to the back of the sky bison. Aang narrowed his eyes, "The lemur?" He questioned his sister.

"Leave Meree alone!" The older girl scoffed, "Let's just get out of here before Gyatso catches us," Aarro urges.

"Or worse, mom catches us." Aang grins. "Not like she would care," Aarro scoffs, placing the lemur down and crawling up to the front of the saddle and leaning her arms on the wood. Aang let out a yip-yip
and flicked the reins.

The bison took flight, Meree jumping and digging her claws into Aarro's cape. "Where do you plan on going?" The girl questioned, admiring her little brother. "I dunno, maybe Omashu. I want to see Bumi." He shrugs.

"So, you have no plan at all?" The girl raises an eyebrow, "Besides, this isn't the way to Omashu. We're heading towards the southern water tribe."

"Whatever," The boy turned, glaring at Aarro, "Why don't you navigate, then?"

"Don't wanna," She smiled, laying back in the saddle and looking up at the sky. It was unusually dark, and she could hear the thunder, "Storm." Aarro noted, "Fly carefully, please."

Aang nodded.

As much as he tried to, the storm got worse as they got further into the south. The air was freezing, and so was the rain. Aarro had Meree tucked under her orange and yellow suit, shielding the poor animal from the harsh winds.

"We need to turn back!" Aarro yelled, "I have a bad feeling, Aang!"

"We can't!" He argued.

Aang tried to fly safely, but the wind was strong. It was too strong. Appa was a resilient animal, resisting the best he could against the winds, but he lost.

The group of four. The avatar, a regular air bender, and two animals, go plunging  into the ice cold water. The coldness pained Aarro.

It felt like needles in her skin.

Being stabbed with tiny knives, over and over.

Her lungs froze when water entered them.

Her eyes burned as they screwed shut.

Then, she was plunged into darkness .

.𖥔 ݁ ˖༄

"What is that?" The softly glowing spirit whispered, standing in front of of Aarro's body. Or her spirit. "A human, obviously!" The other nudges the spirit away from the girls body as she sits up with a gasp.

"Oh my, spirits!" The girl scrambles to her feet, hands tapping all over her body, "A nightmare?" She wonders, looking around. Her eyes traveling over to the two spirits who stood just as tall as her

She almost passed out right then and there, but that was relatively impossible.

"Who are you?" She looked at them. She was used to being in the spirit world and seeing spirits, but right now she was afraid she was dead.

"I'm Tuing!" The tallest, a chubby green figure with a long neck and weird, circular face introduced, "This is Xuing," He puts his hand out to the light green blob.

"You come here a lot, right?" Xuing asks, looking at the girl curiously. She nods.

"I told ya i recognized her! You can just feel her energy, too!" Tuing points an accusatory hand at his friend, "You said I was wrong!"

"Am I dead?"

The two turn to the girl, her sudden question catching them off guard. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. "What? No. We would know." Tuing assures.

"Your body's alive, your spirit is just... Trapped here." Another voice speaks from behind. She is tall and the aura surrounding her is comforting, "Only
for now. You will soon be released back into the human world." The woman assured.

"Who are you?" Aarro looks suspiciously at her as Xuing and Tuing sit on their knees. Almost like they worshiped her.

"Lady Tienhai," They speak in unison, their eyes shimmering with admiration.

"Just stay with me, my dear, and I will keep you safe here," She holds a hand out for Aarro and, without hesitation, she places her smaller one within the womans.

𖥔 ݁ ˖༄
AUTHORS NOTE
Lady Tienhai is a canon comic book character in the rift trilogy but because i never read the comics i don't know anything about her.
But, her design is beautiful and her backstory is so beautifully tragic, because of that I wanted to add her. Obviously I know nothing more about her so I guess I'm changing? some comic plot? I dunno. doesn't matter!