14.1 | this girl's got a hold on you

"Trav," the girl whined. "I miss you."

Guilt flooded rapidly flowed through the man's veins. Why is he folding? The Kansas City Chiefs all-star, three time Super Bowl winning Tight End had managed to fall for America's sweetheart, and he had not known why. He couldn't figure it out. A disturbing passion of his, she was. But, this new and approved approach of his, he enjoyed.

"I just left, love," he giggled. "I'll turn around."

"No," Taylor said, too quickly. "You don't need to do that, Trav. You're already almost home. It's a three hour drive, and it's late. Go home, I'll be okay."

"Too late, I already made a U-turn at the exit. I'm coming anyway."

"You're going to have to drive another three hours, Travis."

"I'm fully aware."

"You should go home. You haven't seen your family in a week," she reminded.

Purposely ignoring her statement, he asked, "Where should I meet you?"

Too tired to argue with the guy, as it was already midnight, she gave in. "There's a hotel off of Bonner. I can meet you there. There aren't a lot of paparazzi around that area, so it should be easier for you to get in and not be seen at three a.m."

He snickered. The adrenaline of meeting with the girl once again sent dopamine to his brain. "That sounds great, baby. I'll meet you there in a few hours. Text me the room number."

After exchanging their words of love for one another, Travis dialed his brother's number. He felt giddy but soft. A combination of emotions Travis never thought he'd feel, but he was experiencing them.

"W'sup brotha," Jason hollered.

"Nothin' much, man," the younger sibling shared. It was just then when Travis realized how late it was, and was a little ashamed to have most likely disturbing his sibling. "I can call you back tomorrow. Sorry, I forgot how late it was."

Jason snorted. "I'm actually wide awake right now. Kylie took the girls over to Sav's house for the night so they could all have a sleepover, including Ky herself. So, it's just me tonight. Wide awake."

"Oh," said Travis. "That's good."

Jason could read his brother like a book, like his favorite sports magazine. He wouldn't consider Travis to be an unhappy being, but he wasn't excited about most things. His main focus was football. But lately, Jason has been noticing a shift in Travis's attitude. "What's up with you, bro?"

"What do you mean?" Travis interrogated, offended.

"You have that stupid little smile on your face. That's only a smirk that comes when you've done something stupid and you've ripped someone else off. What did you do?"

Jason was urging Travis to feel embarrassed about himself, in which he was doing a brotherly job at. Hell, Travis had not even known his camera was on. "Bruh, I literally didn't do anything this time. I swear."

"Uh-huh," grunted Jason.

"Well, so," Travis began, leaning into his window to make a turn. "I won't make it hone tomorrow to record the podcast. I'm still in Nashville."

A grin peered on Jason's face. "Oh, Travis," he said, gruffling with a heat of laughter. "You're still with that girl, aren't you?"

Travis blushed. "I was. I left, but I'm going back."

"Well, what'd you do now?"

The young man scoffed, full of frustration. "Goddamn, Jase. I didn't do shit this time. I left  because I needed to be home in time tomorrow to record. But she wanted me back, so I'm turning around to go see her."