T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

My nose scrunched on its own accord "That's your first question?" 

She nodded. 

"It's been fine I guess?" I thought back to my first couple of months and then paused "Scratch that. Sometimes it's been a shit show of a disaster but that's mainly because of one person." 

She shot me a knowing smile "Okay, your turn." 

"Are all Witches Healers?" 

"No" She said, her eyes getting that faraway distant look "There are different types of Witches within the Covens but we all derive from some kind of Elemental power. Healers usually draw their powers from the element of Water because water represents healing and the essence of life." 

My eyes widened "What do the other elements represent?" 

"Nah ah ah" She sang "That's two questions and it's my turn." 

My lips twitched as I raised my hand in a 'go on' gesture. 

"What do you think of the boys?" 

My eyes widened at her abrupt question "What?" I asked with a laugh. 

 "I've known the boys since they were born" She giggled "Well, since Kassian was born. I was just a regular Academy Healer until Kassian's parents hired me to be their live in Au pair while they went on their research excavations." 

"No way" I grinned at her "So you must have exciting stories about these three." 

She snorted "The stories I could tell you..." 

I glanced at Atlas with a fond smile on my face before peaking over my shoulder to where Kassian was reading a textbook, a pink highlighter tucked snuggly behind his ear "I'll definitely want to hear all about them later on." 

"So I guess that smile means you think highly of the boys?" she smiled coyly at me "Do you have a favorite?" 

"That's two questions" I remarked which had her grinning at me "And I think it's my turn." 

"Technically, it's still my turn since you never answered" she said "But I'll let it slide considering that no one can fake that look or smile." 

I blushed deeply, at a loss for words. 

~~~~~~~~

Phoenix 

I blinked as the sun's harsh beams nearly burned my retina's, my lungs taking in the fresh air for the first time in nearly seven days.