ྀིྀིla rentrée ྀིྀི

He was running towards me and I couldn't escape. All I saw was this boy's silhouette, he was about to grab me, but then I woke up. I wake up covered in sweat. Chills covering my entire body, then I remember that today is the first day of school. Not just any school though. The first school in the village to accept girls into a school
full of boys.

"Pauline!" My mother yells from downstairs

"Pauline!" My mother yells from downstairs. I have to get up now. There's no way to escape from this, I have to go when I really don't want
to. My nerves are killing me, but I know that I have to go eventually so I get up and start to get ready for the day.

It's 07:00 in the morning and school starts at 08:30. I have approximately 1 and a half hour to get ready and go to school. "Merde" I whisper to myself. I put on a simple white dress that goes just above my knees, with short puffy sleeves. I put on my dark grey socks that go just over my knees and I pair them with my black mary janes my father got me when he was in Paris last weekend. He told me "If they fit walk in them 'till your high heels break" So that's exactly what I am planning on doing.

I walk downstairs and greet my mother who is sitting at the dining table. She's eating a pain au chocolat. "Bonjour maman" I say whilst giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Bonjour ma chérie, tu veux un café?" I nod and take a seat. The nerves are cooling off, but they're still present. "Maman, I'm scared that the boys will think I'm crazy, what if I'm the only girl there?" My mother comes up to me with my coffee in her hand. "My love you'll do just fine I know it, and those boys won't think you're crazy or weird, you're beautiful and the loveliest daughter I could ever wish for" I stand up from my seat and give her a big hug. "Je t'aime très fort maman, mais je dois y aller à l'école maintenant"

I grab my coat from the hanger and slide my bag on my shoulders as I give my mother one last kiss on the cheek. I walk out the front door and begin my journey to 'Lycée Voltaire' it's not that far from where I live so I know where to go. As I'm walking through the streets I notice a lot of boys going in the same direction as me. Still zero girls in sight. My hands start to get sweaty and I feel my stomach dropping.

The gates. I see them and I have to go through them. "Merde" I curse under my breath. It's now or never I think to myself . I strut confidently through the gates of the school and the first thing I notice is how quiet everything has gone, before I walked in everyone seemed to be catching up with each other about their summers. Quiet. No sounds nothing, just feeling like a painting in a museum. They were staring at me. With hanging mouths and widened eyes. Have they never seen a woman before or something? I notice some boys staring at me like I'm some piece of meat at the butcher shop they're interested in buying. Ridiculous.

Thankfully I spot 2 girls on the other side of the courtyard. I decide to walk up to them. "Thankfully another girl!" A brunette with a bob exclaimed as I got closer. "Salut, je m'appelle Simone" She extends her hand and I take it. "Pauline" I say. The other girl has her hair styled in 2 pigtails, she looks at me and introduces herself. "Michèle" "What were you looking at" I ask, before she points to the bulletin board. "The classes of this year, and it seems as if we're all in the same class"

"So it seems" I replied happily. I looked around the courtyard and saw 3 boys who were sitting on a bench. I take a closer look, and one of them looks awfully familiar. "Joseph" I gasp. Simone looks at me with a questionable look. "Who?" I smile softly before I open my mouth to speak. "You see that blonde haired boy with glasses?" She looks over at him before she pauses and says. "Yes what's with him?" "He's one of my brothers closest friends!" I say excitedly. My lips form a smile as I see my brother enter through the gates of the school.

"Hey Michèle, Simone?" I say. They both nod their heads towards me. "I think I'm going to go greet my brother and his friends, if you don't mind". Simone smiles at me "Sure you go ahead we will see you in class then!" I bid my goodbyes to them before walking to the bench my brother is standing next to and his friends are sat on.
"Hugo!" I say whilst approaching him. "Ahh ma petite sœur" I look up at him with a smile tugging at my lips before hugging him. "We finally get to attend school together how lovely don't you think?". "Absolutely Pauline".

"Coucou Pauline, are you going to greet me too?" I hear from beside me. I look down at the bench and see Joseph grinning at me. "Well of course, how could I forget the one and only!" I say whilst leaning down to give him la bise. I step back and continue to take a seat next to him on the bench. I look around once more, and wonder how I even ended up having to attend a former boys-only school. Forget about it you're here now.

"Something is troubling you Poppy, and I seem to have an excellent sense that you're in desperate need of a cigarette" I giggle at Joseph and say that he is absolutely right about that. "Pass me one then". He reaches into his pocket before pulling out his box of cigarettes, he reaches for 2 and gives me one. I put the cigarette in between my lips before noticing that I do not have a fire on me. Joseph seems to have already noticed because he comes closer to my face and lights my cigarette for me. In that moment I sense a form of intimacy between us, he stares down at my lips a little too long, before abruptly turning away to smoke his own cigarette..

 In that moment I sense a form of intimacy between us, he stares down at my lips a little too long, before abruptly turning away to smoke his own cigarette

Authors note :

FIRST CHAPTER DONE!!!!!!!!!!
Guys I know it's not that good bye, BUT I really wanted to try and write a fanfic about Joseph Descamps, because the stories on here are very minimal AND WE NEED MORE!!!! So I am trying my best to make this a thing and I hope you liked this first chapter!!!!

LOVE YA BYE BYE