Chapter 3: Amber-er-er

Start from the beginning

"Wait, you too Amber!"

Amber: What about me?

Oh my god, I think I am going to lose my mind. Are they playing a prank on me?

"Amber, you are telling me...that I was using a different language when I was talking with my friend here, Lumine."

Amber: Of course. I couldn't understand a single word.

"What if I tell you, that I have been using this same language this whole time?"

Amber: Then I would say that you are lying.

"That's the thing! I am not lying."

Lumine: Mano....it seems like you are arguing with her. Can you tell me what's the matter?

I turn my head towards Lumine and was going to say something when a thought suddenly entered into my mind. I remain silent for a moment before saying.

"Hey Lumine, can you try talking with Amber for a moment?"

Lumine: But-

"Please."

Lumine: ...Fine.

I look towards Amber and said the same thing.

"Amber, Lumine is going to say something to you. Listen carefully, ok?"

Amber: I don't know what you two are upto but...fine, I will play with your antics for now.

Lumine turned her head towards Amber as the latter stared back at her.

Lumine: ( ዘቿረረዐ, ጠሃ ክልጠቿ ጎነ ረሁጠጎክቿ ) Hello, my name is Lumine.

Amber: ...? ( ʅɿƙȝ ɿ ՏԹɿԺ, ɿ ՇԹՌ'Ե ՄՌԺȝՐՏԵԹՌԺ աɧԹԵ ՎԾՄ ԹՐȝ ՏԹՎɿՌԳ.). Like I said, I can't understand what you are saying.

Lumine: ( ዕዐ ሃዐሁ ጕክዐሠ ፕዘቿ ሠዘቿዪቿልጌዐሁፕነ ልጌዐሁፕ ጠሃ ጌዪዐፕዘቿዪ? ) Do you know the whereabouts about my brother?

Amber: ( ՌԾ ʍԹԵԵȝՐ աɧԹԵ ՎԾՄ ՏԹՎ ԵԾ ʍȝ, ɿԵ ԺԾȝՏՌ'Ե ՇɧԹՌԳȝ Եɧȝ ԲԹՇԵ ԵɧԹԵ ɿ ՇԹՌ'Ե ՄՌԺȝՐՏԵԹՌԺ ԹՌՎ ԾԲ ՎԾՄՐ աԾՐԺՏ. ) No matter what you say to me, it doesn't change the fact that I can't understand any of your words.

I see. I think I now know what exactly is happening.

"Alright Lumine, you can stop talking with her."

Lumine nods her head and immediately stops talking.

"Thanks for agreeing to my request Amber. I think I have an idea what is going on."

Amber: Really?

"Yeah."

As it turns out, I really was speaking two different languages. I can somehow understand the alien language that Lumine usually uses and the language that the people belonging to this planet uses.

What a turn of events. But why am I the only who can understand this unknown language that Amber is using and not Lumine? Didn't we both touched the statue? Why am I the only one getting the special treatment?

Anyways, I told my answer to Lumine first and foremost so that we can discuss together whether to tell the whole truth to Amber or not.

As expected, Lumine was surprised upon hearing my answer but she quickly returned back to her calm expression.

"So, what do you think? Should we tell her the truth?"

I was speaking loud and clear right in front of Amber since she wasn't going to understand what I was speaking to Lumine anyways.