The New Beginning

" Unse nazrein mili kuch ese ki phir kisi aur pe gyi hi nhi ~"

Author's pov

"You are a burden "
"Now you will speak against me "
"I will sell you off"

"No!" Nehmat shouted as she woke up.

She looked around to confirm it was a nightmare .Her palms sweating and heart pounding in her chest . She reached out to find the clock on her side table which showed 6:00 a.m.
She got out of bed to freshen up and gett ready for her first day of college .

Time skip

She left for college wearing a light pink Punjabi suit and her hair tied in a braid paired with simple earings . On reaching the campus , she found herself in a crowd of unfamiliar faces ,air blowing at a slow pace . She stood there for sometime as if her feet froze , with short steady steps she started walking to a quiet place where she can avoid those nerve racking stares as 30 minutes were still left for the lecture to start.

She had her schedule for today and the campus directions map in her hand .

"Where's the library? " She thought to herself since she didn't have the courage to ask anyone . After wandering for a few minutes she found the library and without wasting a minute she went inside and found a corner to sit with her favorite book in her hand .

Few minutes later
The bell rang indicating that it was time for the first lecture . She moved out of the library to go towards her class . She searched for BLOCK -C ROOM 4 which was the department of commerce for BBA . Heading to the first floor she found it .
She was really nervous to enter but with heavy footsteps , she gathered the courage and started to enter the room when she bumped into someone making the belongings in her hand fall to the ground .

"Sorry "

Both of them said at the same time. Nehmat bent down to gather her things when the person she ran into also knelt to help her whom she hadn't seen yet .

"I am sorry , because of me your things fell ." The guy spoke but Nehmat didn't look at him nor did she speak anything .

While collecting their hands accidentally touched sending a shiver down her spine that made her look at him for the first time . Their eyes met for a fraction of second when she immediately looked away . She got up .

" Thank you " she said

"Your welcome" The guy spoke with a smile which Nehmat reciprocated with a shy one and went inside the classroom before he could say anything else.

Nehmat's pov
I scanned the room to find an empty place to sit which I found in the 3rd row where the last two chairs were vacant. There are 6 chairs placed in a row with a common long table. I placed my belongings on the table and took out a book which I always keep with me to read .

" Hi , Are you new here " I heard a girl say.

"Yeah" I replied with a shy smile

"I am Tanvi and you "? She asked

"My name is Nehmat"I said

"Nice name "she said to which I smiled

"Can I sit with you ,if you don't mind " she asked me "sure"I replied.

She settled beside me and started talking about random things and we exchanged our numbers. She seemed to be a fun and outgoing person , moreover I loved her company .

The professor entered the class whom we all greeted by standing up.
He placed his books on the table infront of him .

"Good morning class, have your seat " he said . "class as you all know we are beginning our session from today and I,Raghav sharma will be your professor for it , so let's start today's lecture "he added .

The professor started dictating the lecture and I took notes . I was busy writing down my notes when I felt a gaze on me , but when I looked there that guy looked away .He was the same one I bumped into . I brushed my thoughts and got back to work .

Ekam's pov
"Bro, where are you lost " aarav said pulling me out of my chain of thoughts surrounded by Her.

She was the one I saw in the garden area and library as I could not see her face there . What I saw was just a girl in punjabi suit with long straight beautiful hair and earings and when we ran into each other , those dark brown eyes of hers speaking volumes even though it was for a split second.

" Nowhere" I replied getting up from my chair as the lecture got over and we headed to the cafeteria .

Time skip
"Guys , since Nehmat is now a part of our group , I want to everyone to Introduce themselves to her" Tanvi spoke .
"Okay , so starting with me , I am Tanvi from Lucknow."Tanvi added

" Myself Aarav originally from Delhi but we shifted to Ludhiana when I was in 4th grade where me and Ekam became best friends."Aarav said introducing himself with a friendly smile that always plays on his face .

"I am simran from Ludhiana, Ekam and me are twins" simran said and Nehmat nodded looking at me and simran simultaneously.
"Not twins , I am 3 minutes elder than you "I spoke as soon as she finished.
"And I think you already know my name but still I am Ekam from Ludhiana"I added smiling at her which she reciprocated.

"So, Nehmat, what do you think of the cafeteria food?" Tanvi asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Nehmat's cheeks flushed slightly as she fidgeted with her food. "Um, it's... it's okay," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Have you had a chance to explore the campus yet?" I asked, trying to make Nehmat feel more comfortable.

"Not really, I have just been to the class " she admitted
"Well! ,then you must join us sometime , we'll show you " I responded to which she passed a small but genuine smile.

We all got into a discussion except Nehmat , she was engrossed in her book which seems to be fictional.
I could not help but smile at how she occasionally lifted her eyes from her book to reply when something was asked to her but again got back to reading .

Follow @dreamyxwrites on Instagram for more spoilers and updates

With Love
Reet