CHAPTER TEN, big time demos

Andi follows her mom out to the pool at Palm Woods where the boys are sitting

Andi follows her mom out to the pool at Palm Woods where the boys are sitting. "Hey, guys." Kelly greets while Andi waves at them. "We just stopped by to drop off your tickets."

"Oh, hockey tickets?" Logan guessed.

James smiles. "Concert tickets?"

"No and no." Andi replies. She points at the plane tickets in her mom's hand. "Plane tickets."

"You guys do know that if you don't get picked by the record company tomorrow, you're going back to Minnesota." Kelly said to the boys and by their reactions Andi assumed they didn't know that.

The boys look at Andi and Kelly with a surprised and fearful expression. "What?!"

****

The boys had just finished the new song 'Want To Be Famous' written by Andi. They immediately rushed into the sound system room where Andi and Gustavo are at. "We don't want to go home," Kendall tells Gustavo. "We want to stay here..."

"And get famous." James added.

Kelly walks into the room, walking over to stand where Gustavo sat as Andi turns around in her chair to face the boys. "Yeah, about that...Too bad!" Gustavo yells. "It's been three months." Andi hands him the demo he reaches over for and Gustavo shows the boys the demo. "The demos are done." He does air quotations when he says the word 'deal'. "That was the 'deal'."

Andi couldn't believe it was already three months. It felt like yesterday they had just moved to LA. Time was moving by fast. Andi didn't want the boys to leave, especially not after she had been starting to have a crush on Kendall. Okay, yes, she admits it, she had a crush on Kendall Knight. It's hard not to. He's a great guy. And she really doesn't want him to go back to Minnesota. He's not the only one that is a great guy though. She had grown close to all the boys and they were her best friends. And she didn't want them to leave.

"Right..." Carlos nods and then furrows his eyebrows. "What are demos again?"

"They're the sample songs we've been recording that if the record company likes," Kelly responds. "Then you get to stay here, make a full album, go on tour, and then.."

"You become famous." Kelly sang.

Gustavo stands up. "But if they don't pick it, I take over my father's scooter business, and you go back to Minnesota and be nobodies again."

James lets out a small scream, looking at Gustavo with wide eyes along with the others. Kendall frowns. "But we've worked so hard. W-We're so close."

Gustavo shakes his head. "You're not so close."

Logan furrows his eyebrows. "We're almost there?"

Andi, Gustavo, and Kelly shake their heads. "Halfway there?" Carlos questioned.

Gustavo points at the boys. "You're almost halfway there. Now I'm going to go to my office. Please do not follow me."

The boys didn't listen to him. Instead they followed the three to Gustavo's office, opening the door just as Andi closed it. "How could Griffin not pick Big Time Rush?" James asks while Gustavo sits down at his desk. "He loves us."