Chapter 1

I had a family, friends, everything, it all burnt down on that day when my father passed and I inherited that great power. I have been known as, Death's descendant.

My name is Reiko Miyasaki, I'm 16 and was born in Australia of an Australian mother and a Japanese father. I'm transferring to AOA Academy (Ace of Academics Academy) from Australia. I moved to Japan to stay in hiding from a certain organisation who are after me. I live alone now after the incident that occurred just recently. I'm trying to blend in, trying not to let others find my true identity.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Reiko Miyasaki, who will be joining us here in AOA Academy. Her Japanese is very poor so I would like all of you to treat her with care. Shida Kitagawa, I want Miyasaki-san to be in your care since you're the one who can speak English the most, I would also like you to give her a tour of the school."

Right now, I'm trying my hardest to understand and speak to the students, but they throw so many questions at me, I have no idea what to say. I'm lucky enough that a student and a lot of teachers can speak English. I must get to know Shida Kitagawa since I'll be in 'his care'.

I run up to Shida Kitagawa who's on his phone.
"Kon'nichiwa (hello) Shida-kun!"
He doesn't respond, he doesn't even turn to me; I tilt my head in confusion.

He looks up, "Oh, kon'nichiwa," and continues to play on his phone.
I get annoyed and pout.
"Umm, I would like to get to know you Shida-kun."
I'm still being ignored. A gentle hand finds my shoulder. It's my new classmate.
"Don't worry about Shida-kun, he's always like this Reiko-chan."
I glance at Shida.
"Oh, I see."
I turn and sit in my seat next to him.

The lesson starts.
"I am Hagiwara-sensei and I'll be your home room teacher. Kitagawa-kun, please put away your phone."
It looks like he doesn't listen to the teacher. I turn back to my books, studying intently. I suddenly have an uneasy feeling, there're two people observing me. I look around the room and see that one of them is Shida, once I look at him he turns back to his phone.

The other one is beyond observing. There's an uneasy feeling about this person, could it be one of 'them'? I look outside the window and see a shadowy figure with a dark aura behind one of the buildings. I gasp, did they follow me all the way here? Impossible, but this feeling, it has to be, I need to get out of here before the students get hurt. I bite my bottom lip and start to fidget.

"Umm, sensei? May I leave early?" I say.
I can see that everybody is looking at me.
"Why, are you sick?" Hagiwara-sensei asks.
I can't tell her the real reason, and I can't lie to her.
"I-it's an important matter."
I don't really think that excuse will work. She looks rather curious.
"Well, alright. Go home safely."
I thank her, grab my bag and run out of the classroom.

I'm at the entrance of the school building, I don't know what I'll face when I step out. I hear footsteps and turn to see Vice Principal Takagawa. But there's something wrong with him, his aura seems a little different. I need to be cautious, it might be an imposter.

"Hello Miyasaki-san. What are you doing out of class?" He asks.
I squint my eyes, I'm not sure if I can trust him or not.
"I have permission to leave early."
I try to run out, but he's too quick and he grabs my arm. I take one last look at his face and see a completely different person. I try to struggle free, his grip is so tight that it hurts my arm.
"Who are you?"
I see a shadow in the distance. It moves closer and now I can see who it is. It's Shida. Why is he here? It's too dangerous!

"What are you doing here? Stay back!" I yell at him.
The imposter sees Shida and while he's distracted I step on his foot and kick his chest. He stumbles backwards and takes out a blade. I run to Shida. I can sense the blade, he's going to throw it. I quickly knock Shida off his feet and onto the ground. The blade flies past us, skidding my arm. We need to get out of here.

"Shida-kun c'mon!"
I push Shida out the door, then run to the imposter. I flip onto the imposter's shoulder and push him into the wall. I quickly jump off before he crashes and run out the door where Shida is waiting.
I grab his arm and run as fast as possible, when suddenly Shida stops.
"Wait Reiko-san, what is going on? Where are we going? Who was that?"

I stop too. I probably shouldn't tell him about me and those guys, he'll freak out, and we need a place to hide. I think for a moment.
"We're going to your house!" I say smiling.