chapter 4

Here I bring you the chapter 4
I hope you enjoy it. Sorry for the mistakes, it's not a perfect story after all.

(Reader POV)

I quickly arrived at the break room and saw that many of the workers were still in it talking to each other, with others sitting alone. After looking around for about thirty seconds, I noticed Jessica sitting on a chair while sipping a drink from one of the nearby vending machines. I also saw that she had something in her right hand, specifically a blue figure of some sort. Curious and happy to see her, I approached her.

"Hi Jessica," I said with a smile, prompting her to turn to me and smile back.

"Hello Y/N! It's nice to see you again," she said happily, setting her drink down as she adjusted herself in the seat.

"I can say the same thing about you, Jessica," I said happily while sitting in a chair next to her. "Jessica, I came here to tell you that-"

"Sorry for interrupting you!!" She said quickly and apologetically. "Y/N, I was going to come out to look for you to give you this after I finished my drink," Jessica continued as she raised her hand, showing my that the figure in it was the famous Huggy Wuggy. "Happy birthday!!" she said with a smile and a giggle.

I made a very surprised face upon seeing the Huggy Wuggy doll, also feeling surprised from the fact that she had remembered my birthday. I took it from her hand and looked at the doll with wide eyes. "Wow, this gift is..." I trailed off, not sure how to continue.

Noticing this, Jessica spoke up quickly. "Yeah, sorry if it's not much. I know that you're a little disappointed because the gift wasn't what you expected, but it's the only thing I could get," She explained.

"Oh no no no!! Don't worry! It's a very nice gift. I like it!" I replied with a warm smile.

"Oh, I'm glad you like it! I thought you'd be mad that I gave you a doll instead of something like money," Jessica said, feeling very relieved that I wasn't mad.

"Come on Jessica! Like I'd be angry about this. I'm a grown man, not a toddler! I like the gift you gave me, even if it is something very simple," I told her, letting her know that I wasn't angry at all. "Thank you very much for this gift. I really appreciate it," I continued as I looked at the Huggy Wuggy plushie with a smile.

I remembered that when I was a little child, I'd always wanted a Huggy Wuggy, as the little blue monster had always caught my attention. Unfortunately, my parents were never able to buy it for me, which was something that disappointed and saddened me a lot, but as time went by my interest in the stuffed animal decreased a lot. As an adult I didn't even bother buying one, but now that I had it in my hands, I subconsciously hugged the stuffed animal with my hands, fulfilling the hugging function of the toy and finding it to be very soft. Me as a child would have been so excited by this gift. As I hugged the stuffed animal, I heard a feminine laugh next to me, prompting me to turn. Jessica was laughing at me loudly, making me realize what I was doing and causing me to blush with embarrassment. I had been so focused on the toy that I'd forgotten that Jessica was still next to me.

"Stop laughing at me!" I said with some embarrassment. She kept laughing at me for a couple minutes until she managed to stop.

"Hahah!! I'm sorry, you just looked like a child hugging his favorite toy!" she said, wiping away a tear of laughter as she spoke. "Besides, didn't say that you were already an adult?? Now look at you acting like a child in front of me!!" she continued while laughing again. I could only frown at her reaction. Luckily for me, there was no one else around who could have seen me, as it seemed that the rest of the workers had left.