chapter 2

All that I was seeing was extremely interesting to me, and I wanted to see more! Mr. Leith Pierre took me to meet the person responsible for all of Playcare, leading me over to the town hall, where we entered the office of one Stella Greyber, who gave me a warm welcome. Leith then said goodbye and left, leaving me alone with Stella, as he'd told me that Stella was in charge of explaining to me the functions of this place and all its rules.

Everything was going well until Stella decided it was time for me to meet someone rather important.

(third person point of view)

"Well, Y/N, now that you know the functions of this place and the aspects of your job, it's time for you to meet someone," Stella said, standing up from her seat and gesturing for him to follow her.

He followed her and on the way they met a man in a white coat who was looking at a clipboard in his hands. Stella quickly approached him and tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Doctor Sawyer, could you show our new employee the..." the latter whispered in his ear while gesturing over to Y/N with a hand.

"Yes ma'am" Dr. Sawyer said as he looked at Y/N. "Follow me young man," he continued before he turned and started to walk.

"Ok," Y/N said with a bit of curiosity and confusion before he followed the doctor. They walked outside of the Playcare dome much to his confusion, entering the caverns in which it sat, and started to head across multiple metal corridors along the outskirts.

"Tell me, Doctor Sawyer, who is this person that Mrs. Stella wants me to meet??" Y/N asked with curiosity as they headed down a ramp.

"Well, I'll just say that the person Mrs. Stella mentioned about isn't exactly human," the Doctor replied with a mysterious tone in his voice.

"What do you mean they're not human???" Y/N asked with great confusion, feeling even more intrigued about this person.

"You'll see," he replied with a smirk.
After several minutes passed, they arrived at some doors that had a couple signs on them telling them not to approach for their safety.

Before opening the door, Doctor Sawyer addressed Y/N with a firm tone. "Don't be scared by what you are going to see. You need to know her to avoid scares and problems," He said, opening the door and revealing a large interior beyond it. A large glass window sat between them and the rest of the interior.

In the center of the room was a large bed shaped like a cat's paw, but what was on the bed made Y/N's eyes widen greatly. Laying there in a large curled ball shape was a rather large purple feline being. He was shocked at this odd sight, and even more so when this feline being stood up, causing Y/n to step back a little out of fear due to the extreme height of the catlike being. The feline stretched its large body like a cat would, before turning its gaze towards both of them, revealing a large toothless smile and large eyes showing black pupils surrounded by white irises, which overall gave it a somewhat unnerving appearance.

Y/N stared at the being for several seconds, before he turned to the doctor, as the cat's eyes were staring at the man while a low growl was coming out of its mouth. In response, the doctor pulled out a large device that looked like a controller with a big red button in the middle. The feline creature quickly changed its face from anger to one of fear, lowering its head in submission while it backed away a bit.

"Good girl," the doctor said with a smile as he lowered the remote, keeping it out as he stood there.
Y/n was scared and very confused about the situation. He didn't quite understand what the feline thing was, but it looked a lot like a horror movie version of the Smiling Critter character, CatNap. He faintly remembered when they presented the news about the various complaints that parents had about the stuffed animal. Apparently he was giving children nightmares and they were pulled out from the public.