Chapter Thirty Two [ARRC]

Start from the beginning

With a resigned sigh, I closed my book, frustration bubbling beneath the surface. "Spit it out," I urged, my voice edged with a mix of impatience and longing.

"Ivy," she began, her voice soft with remorse. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you."

I nodded, the weight of her apology settling like a stone in the pit of my stomach. "You know," I murmured, my words tinged with bitterness, "if you had just been honest about this whole Aurora thing from the beginning, maybe I wouldn't be so angry with you."

Victoria sucked in a sharp breath, her movements betraying a sense of restlessness as she rose from her seat. Crossing the space between us, she reached out and took hold of my elbow, pulling me up from my chair with a gentle urgency.

"I know," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath. "And I'm sorry. I promise to be honest from now on."

A flicker of doubt danced in my mind, "You pinky promise?" I asked, extending my own pinky. I don't care what anyone says, pinky promises are sacred to me.

Victoria's gaze flickered to my outstretched pinky, uncertainty clouding her features. For a brief moment, silence hung heavy in the air, stretching between us like an unspoken question. I braced myself for rejection, the weight of her hesitation pressing down upon me like a leaden cloak.

But just as doubt began to creep in, I heard it—a soft, almost imperceptible utterance that shattered the silence like a thunderclap. "Fuck it."

My breath caught in my throat as I watched her drop to her knees before me, a surge of disbelief coursing through me like a bolt of lightning. No way in hell was she doing this again, I thought, my mind reeling with the realization of her vulnerability.

And then it happened, as if in slow motion, her hand reaching out to intertwine her pinky with mine. The touch sent shockwaves of sensation coursing through me, a jolt of electricity that seemed to ignite every nerve ending in my body.

"Ivy," she whispered, her voice raw with emotion. "I promise never to deceive you again. Your anger darkened my days. I miss your smile, your voice, your touch. I am begging you, forgive me. Please."

My mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, desire and doubt warring within me as I stared into her eyes, searching for the truth buried beneath the surface. Could I trust her words? Could I allow myself to forgive and forget, to let go of the anger that had consumed me for so long?

In that moment, as she held my gaze with an intensity that threatened to unravel me, I knew that words would never be enough. So instead, I let my actions speak for me, my fingers deftly removing my pinky from hers with a sense of finality that hung heavy in the air.

She looked at me, confusion etched into every line of her face, but I remained silent, my gaze unwavering as I dared her to question my decision. Words may be overrated, but sometimes, silence speaks louder than any promise ever could.

With a surge of determination, I seized her by the collar, yanking her upwards until our lips collided in a feverish tangle of desire. The taste of her, so familiar yet intoxicatingly new, sent a thrill coursing through me as our tongues danced in a heated battle for dominance.

I pressed her against the wall with a sense of urgency, the heat of our bodies mingling in the confined space of her office. But even in the midst of our passion, a nagging voice in the back of my mind reminded me of the door, a silent witness to our illicit tryst. With a swift motion, I broke the kiss and locked the door, a precautionary measure born of my own insecurities.

"Pussy," she taunted, her smirk a silent challenge that set my blood on fire. I rolled my eyes at her bravado, a mixture of frustration and arousal coursing through me like a potent elixir.