Chapter Thirty One

(18+)

Victoria...

Her gaze, sharp as a blade, pierced through me, stripping away any pretense of calm or composure. The anger in her voice was palpable, each word a venomous dagger aimed squarely at my heart. "What the fuck, Ivy?" she spat, her tone laced with accusation as she pressed me against the unforgiving metal of the bathroom stall.

Caught off guard by her sudden aggression, I struggled to find my footing, my mind racing to make sense of the chaos unfolding before me. "What are you doing here?" I demanded, my voice tinged with confusion and disbelief. Had she followed me here, intent on confronting me in the most vulnerable of moments?

Victoria's glare bore into me like twin lasers, her gaze unwavering in its intensity. "I heard there's a new ice cream shop, so I came here to check it out, I wasn't expecting you to be here." she explained, her words a bitter reminder of the tenuous threads that still bound us together.

Relief washed over me in a sudden wave as the realization dawned upon me - she hadn't followed me here, hadn't sought me out with malicious intent. And yet, the simmering anger within me refused to be quelled, a relentless fire that burned bright amidst the darkness of my own doubts and insecurities.

"Get off of me," I snapped, pushing her away with a force born of desperation and frustration. "Don't fucking talk to me." The words hung in the air between us, heavy with the weight of betrayal and deceit.

But Victoria refused to be silenced, her voice a persistent echo in the cavernous depths of the restroom. "Ivy," she called my name, a plea for understanding that fell on deaf ears.

In a sudden surge of defiance, I seized her by the shoulders, pinning her against the wall with a strength I didn't know I possessed. Her breath caught in her throat, her eyes wide with shock and disbelief as she stared up at me, vulnerable and exposed.

"Don't talk to me, not now, not ever," I hissed, my voice a barely contained whisper as I released my grip and stepped away. With a final glance, filled with equal parts regret and resolve, I turned towards the cubicle door, my steps heavy with the weight of the words left unspoken.

"Everything alright in here?" a voice inquired from beside me, drawing my attention back to the present moment. Octavia stood there, her concern etched upon her features like a painting wrought in shadow and light.

Victoria emerged from the bathroom stall with a veneer of composure that barely masked the storm brewing beneath the surface. Her gaze locked onto Octavia, her expression darkening with each passing moment. "It's none of your business," she snapped, her words dripping with venom as she made her way towards the door, a deliberate bump against Octavia's shoulder serving as a parting shot.

As Victoria's retreating figure disappeared from view, Octavia turned to me with an amused glint in her eyes, her excitement palpable in the air. "Oh my fuck! I told you she was jealous," she exclaimed, her hands clapping together in delight.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips as I finished washing my hands, the tension of the moment dissipating like mist in the morning sun. With a quick pat of the towel, I dried my hands and followed Octavia out of the restroom, the anticipation of sweet treats and shared laughter outweighing any lingering unease.

As we reached the counter, I caught a glimpse of Victoria paying for her ice cream before slipping out of the store, a silent specter fading into the night.

Ice cream in hand, Octavia and I made our way outside, the cool night air a welcome reprieve from the warmth of the shop. Settling down on the curb, the familiar routine felt like coming home, a comforting embrace amidst the chaos of the world around us.