Chapter 11: A Kiss From My Miss

Start from the beginning

A large grin finally breaks my face.

Ah, finally. Some excitement.

"Lead the way." I commanded the maid.

"Where are you going, your majesty? We must select the candidates!" One of my advisors looked stressed.

"I don't care who is chosen. Figure out the candidates. I will be right back." And with that, I slam the door shut.

I wonder why she has decided to apologize now out of all times. Did I miscalculate her disinterest and this was ultimately a grand scheme to seduce me?

'No. That would have been much too risky of a plan, especially given she doesn't know how volatile the results of speaking ill to an emperor can be.'

I chalked it up to her being an extremely dense, naive girl. Combine it with that mouth of hers, she was bound to have caved that sweet little facade, eventually.

Luckily, I specialize in pushing people's buttons.

Why was I so interested in her, anyways? Was it because I had a physical attraction to her? Or was it because I had an emotional attraction to her?

I didn't deny that I was physically attracted to her. Her skin seemed to glow, looking much more radiant than the ladies of the empire. I was told she was from the southern regions, where there is much more sun, compared to the harsh, cold weather here in the empire.

Maybe if I got my way with her once, it would flush her out of my system and I would get bored of her. Although, her looks didn't even come to mind until now. This whole night I was enthralled by her mannerism.

My inner turmoil came to a halt when we stopped in front of a door.

"This is Lady (y/n)'s room, your majesty." The maid bowed.

'I guess there is only one way to find out.' I grin at the idea that had entered my mind.

———

"May I come in?"

I snap out of my stupor at his request.

"O-of course, your majesty," I bow. Curse my stupid stuttering! I widen the door a bit as he steps in, before shutting it gently.

With my back still against the emperor, I try to calm my nerves.

"My servant said you requested to see me."

I turn around to face him. He is perched on the edge of my bed, one ankle crossed over his knee casually as he leans back on his hands.

"Yes. I had wanted to apologize to you personally, though I was informed you were not taking visitors, so I asked her to pass along the message," I stated meekly, undaring to take a step toward him.

"Hmm..." he hums in thought as he rakes his eyes up and down my figure.

"Come here." Emperor Kruos beckons me closer, curling the index finger of one hand. I hesitate at the command, though decide better against denying his order.

Every step I took felt heavier and heavier underneath his intense scrutiny. His eyes drank me in as I neared him. Once I was a few feet away from him, I stopped.

"Closer." He orders, straightening up as I neared.

What in the world? What does he want?

I take a few more measly steps towards him before a hand flies out, grabbing my wrist. Surprised and caught off guard, I yelp lightly as he tugs me closer to him. I stumble at the abruptness, catching myself with both hands.